“Truly great property”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, LA
“Truly great property”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on three occasions and every visit has been wonderful. The staff is great, the rooms are large and many have balconies overlooking the river. The breakfast is good, typical Hampton, and the property is extremely well maintained. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. Our go-to hotel in Baton Rouge. In terms of value for money, a solid five stars.

Room Tip: Get a river view balcony room--it's worth the slight extra charge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NOLAfamily
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Bonjour Nolafamily,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My stay at the downtown Hampton was pretty impressive. The entire staff had exceptional customer service skills. The breakfast was wonderful. You can't beat the location. Nice places to eat and also to have a beer or cocktail in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Corey S
Corey S,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here three times this past spring while conducting business in the capital. This is a wonderfully clean and well-run hotel. The people at the front desk were friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the morning breakfast buffet. The gym had a nice selection of high-end cardio equipment and some free weights. Room service from the Italian restaurant around the corner was completely delicious-- some of the best Italian food I've had anywhere! My room was very quiet and very clean with comfortable beds.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Poolgirl7705
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Bonne journée Poolgirl7705, or good day,

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your most recent stay as well as your review! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! Don't forget about our balcony rooms overlooking the Mississippi River, the next time you are in town, you should give one of them a try! As you know we are the only hotel in the downtown area to offer this amenity and we could not be more proud of this fact! Speaking of Little Village, they also handle our room service in the hotel and our balcony rooms make a fantastic dining experience; especially at sunset. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A great room, great view, great price. People were very helpful and the breakfast was better than most. Easy access to major highways, close to many restaurants downtown. If you have business downtown Baton Rouge, this should be the hotel you stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank David H
Hello David H!

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff is welcoming, friendly and attentive to your needs. The facility is immaculately maintained, rooms are as spacious as they are comfortable and the location ideal for whatever brings you to Baton Rouge. The breakfast is good and offers a variety of selections. It is one of my favorite places to stay, period.

Room Tip: The Corner Rooms are great and offer a good view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelly B
Bonjour Kelly B,

Gainesville, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent hotel downtown Baton Rouge. I highly recommend this place. Very clean and very friendly! The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. Breakfast was hot and had a variety of food to choose from. Housekeeping was also very friendly to us and gave us extra towels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Mercer R
Mercer R,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. Speaking of our breakfast, as innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

River Ridge, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This location is incredibly convenient to walk to many points of interest. The staff was extremely friendly, thoughtful and helpful, people who clearly enjoy their jobs. The facility is the most attractive Hampton Inn I have been in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family