“Exceptional Hampton!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Exceptional Hampton!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This Hampton is simply beautiful and the service was great during our two-night stay. It is located downtown and within walking distance to several historical attractions, museums and quite a few restaurants. The breakfast was a cut above what we usually have at Hamptons and the setting of the breakfast area is really attractive. We booked a corner suite with a wrap-around balcony. We had a great view of the river and all the barge activity, which we found very interesting to watch. One thing to note is that there is major construction catty-corrner from the hotel (between the hotel and the river) and that interrupted our view somewhat, but my husband loves to watch construction and he actually enjoyed seeing it. You can park for $9 a night in the garage across the street or pay $15 to park in the lot right by the front door. It is definitely worth the extra cost to park there.
This is a great place to stay in Baton Rouge!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Desertbluff
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Greetings from Baton Rouge Desertbluff,

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First I like to say how friendly Steve at the front desk when we arrived. He was extremely personable and made us feel welcome. The room was beautiful, very clean, large bath area and plenty of towel. All the service personnel were extremely nice and helpful. Recommended a great restaurant that we really enjoyed and loved that we could walk around downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
Good day Susan M,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just walking in the door, you will quickly notice that this is definitely a very special Hampton Inn. They clearly spared no expense when building this property. Everything down to the smallest details have been perfected here. From a great location, well-appointed rooms, and an awesome staff, you will not be sad you chose to stay here. No need to splurge for the "great" Renaissance down by the mall. The Hampton Inn is the way to go in Baton Rouge, and is convenient to get almost anywhere in town in a timely manner.

The few times I have been here, the breakfast has not been the same couple of items, but instead rotates with great creativity and variety, while allowing health-nuts to eat good with alternatives such as turkey bacon offered.

The rooms offer large TVs (no PPV, but you can plug in your laptop with your own cables and watch Netflix), walk-in showers, and other modern amenities. The hotel also offers complimentary wifi. The only thing this property is missing with the awesome view of the Mississippi River it has is a roof-top pool. Also, it should be noted that the fitness center is not 24/7 like they are in most hotels.

Being this is a downtown area, parking is not complimentary. The garage across the street is well-secured and convenient. This must be a state owned garage as I frequently saw State Police patrolling inside the garage.

In the many places I have stayed at in Baton Rouge, this is definitely the best place hotel in all aspects. You cannot beat what they have to offer at the great value Hampton Inn offers.

Room Tip: Anything with a view is great! Rooms on the first floor have much larger windows.
1 Thank joepercussion
Bonjour joepercussion!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Room was nice, clean, large shower, plenty of towels, ac on super cold at arrival which helped the opposing swelter outside. The check in was fast, impressive new interior, area around the hotel had obviously received a recent update. Hotel was located along the river where there is a park and river walk, great place for a morning jog. Several places to eat and site see were close. Parking was$14 for the lot or$9 in the garage. Free parking was available on the street, if you can find it. Full breakfast was available in the morning. There is currently construction on the north west corner. I'm not sure if they started early or not, we were up on sat. At 530 and on Sunday by 8, both days construction seemed to start after. However, DON'T STAY ON THE PARKING SIDE! Freaking 2 story rooftop bar in the lot played horrible live music until 2am!! Acoustics were terrible! It sounded like loud, bad, guitar accompanied karaoke! They should have warned us! I thought, wow, that's why everything is so clean and nice, they are trying to make up for this horrible bar!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lani c
Dear Lani C,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel but would like to apologize that you had an unpleasant experience. Being in a downtown locale does present some challenges but we hope that our location and hotel more than make up for it. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's a Hampton Inn, so it's clean, folks are friendly, they offer a free breakfast - all standard Hampton stuff. What sets it apart a bit is the location one block off the Mississippi River within easy walking distance of all downtown Baton Rouge has to offer...which turns out is quite a bit these days. An easy strike to LSU and the football stadium, easy access to the airport, and a direct shot to points north if you feel the need to see the 'real' Baton Rouge away from tourist stops.

Room Tip: Up as high as you can get and facing the river...ask for a balcony room too.
Green Features: Standard stuff with towels, lights, etc. Glad they do it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Bonjour lukejames52,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We also wanted to let you know that our downtown is growing by leaps and bounds over with additional restaurants and attractions expected to open over the course of the next few months. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I rate this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in,,,,very clean rooms and great servicefriendly atmosphere everything we need it was right there and this will be one of the hotels I will come backto on our next family vacation

Green Features: Very good very friendly atmosphereeverybody was friendly patient and kind
toni y,

Saint Louis, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great hotel for business and perfect location to walk to restaurants in area. I was greeted at the Front Desk with a big smile and a professional manner. It was pouring rain outside and the manager told me I could leave my car by the front door of the hotel until the rain subsided. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from Cajun Country Robin F,