“Best pizza in the universe or at least in Baton Rouge.”

Fleur-de-lis Cocktail Lounge
Ranked #151 of 1,059 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is the best place for pizza in Baton Rouge. Located on Government Street, east of downtown by a few miles. The decor is worth seeing but leave time for a few slices of pizza, pizza of all kinds.

1  Thank LAsharky

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were shopping in Baton Rouge for the day and wanted to have pizza for dinner. One of the shoppers recommended this place. I put the address in my gps. It is an interesting site. If it wasn't for my gps we would have missed it. It is like a local dive inside as well as out. We arrived early so it wasn't busy and the service was good. The pizza was probably the best we ever had. We will definitely return when we are in the area. They only take cash and there is an ATM machine in the restaurant which is really different!

1  Thank Cajuncouple50
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Don't know what is in there sauce to make it so good but this is the best place in town for thin pizza

1  Thank Ellisu
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

This place has been in Baton Rouge forever and it's Roman Pizza is the best. If you are looking for good food and good value you've got to try this place. A large Round World pizza is $13 and remind me of the kind of pizza I grew up with. If you are looking for a place on beer and pizza night, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank shakey26
Reviewed 6 July 2012

It doesn't get much more fun. Is this the best pizza in the world? No, but it's decent and the environment is unique. I sure wouldn't want to see the floors in this place with the lights on high or in the sunlight, but the "rustic" (lol) feel is part of its charm.

Every time I come into town, this is on the top of my list b/c of all the fun memories I have of eating here over the years. Remember it's cash only, but the price is very affordable as well.

Beer is inexpensive as well. As mentiond above, food is tasty, not amazing, but tasty and affordable. It's one of those Baton Rouge institutions everyone should try at least once! I bet you'll find yourself coming back again!