“Great, Fresh Food”

Nino's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally Owned and Operated, Ninos Italian features a fresh, simple, and local approach to fine dining. Come experience our fresh rolled pastas, bread baked daily, and a truly unique made from scratch menu.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Found Nino's on the slow food website and am so glad I did. Everything is fresh and everything I've had there has been delicious. It's nice and quiet and the staff is friendly and helpful. Save room for dessert!

1  Thank peteymaud

Reviewed 12 September 2013

It's been at least three years since dining here. Was not disappointed at all! Restaurant sits about 50, along with a bar for six. For a Wednesday evening, the place was full while I was dining. Do go for the fish dishes! Melt in your mouth! Taramisue was light and tasty! Will return in the near future!

1  Thank George B
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have not been in a while shame on us, for it is a real treat.The food is made fresh every day. Everything is great that we have ordered. It is one of our favorite places to dine. The wait staff was very professional and the restaurant is quite and intimate.All the pasta dishes are fabulous.My husband had Gorgonzola pasta, while I had the Gnocchi and we split the Chevre bruschetta appetizer. Highly recommended. I would make reservations . And the young couple that own the Gem are lovely.

2  Thank sudiemccoolmoyse
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I go to this restaurant at least twice a month or more. I bring my friends and family often. The food is made fresh every day. Some of the items used are picked fresh on the property out back. Everything is good that I have ordered. It is by far one of my most favorite places to dine. I think my wife likes it more than I do, if that is possible. The wait staff is nice and very helpful. It is a white table cloth setting, small and intimate. The lunch is often crowded, dinner not quiet as much. Like I said, it is small. I would guess twenty tables. I am having lunch with a friend there tomorrow. Can't wait!

1  Thank hogtraveler
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We went to Nino's for our anniversary dinner a couple of months ago. I frequent a restaurant that the young couple owns across town and am pleased with it. The sauces there are the best, so I wanted to try the couple's nicer restaurant on a special occasion. We was not disappointed. I had the house salad and crab cakes because I had heard about them. My husband had a Caesar salad and the night's special. Everything was outstanding. They also told me they have gluten free pasta, so that is what I will have next time. I love a good red sauce but I am gluten intolerant so I usually cannot enjoy the pasta dishes, but next time I will at Nino's. It has a very small dining room, so reservations are in order on a busy weekend night.

1  Thank Helix1661