“Stay clear! YUUUCK”

Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Stay clear! YUUUCK”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We travel a lot and the Cracker Barrel right off Airline Highway in Baton Rouge, LA was always a stop heading to the east and heading back to the west. Times have changed! The food today was disgusting!!! How can you serve burnt food and it be cold? The food was terrible. I sent it back and asked for a hamburger it came as you can guess Burnt and crunchy meat, totally dry! Our waitress did not like refilling iced tea glasses. We had to wait over 20 minutes for 1 refill. Counting 2 of us in my party the restaurant patrons dining was a total of 8. Staff including our waitress was 3 waitresses, 1 female manager and 1 male host. I call that not busy for a restaurant. Horrible food, horrible service and horrible experience. At checkout we were asked was our food good, and I replied no and got no response. Not once in the restaurant did the manager come over since I sent the first order back and she saw our tea glasses were empty for a long time. Go somewhere else and eat good food!!!!

• Visited July 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent service. Clean. Fast. Friendly.”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Nice clean restaurant. Fast service. Excellent wait staff. Food fresh and made to order. Love the store!

• Visited June 2013
Zachary, Louisiana
“Lunch”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Had a wonderful time. Food is great and the waitress was wonderful. Love the gift shop. The atmosphere is not as quiet as I would like but enjoyed the food and service.

Visited November 2012
Venice, Florida
“We like the low carb menu”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This place is packed so get there before the rush! We always get the low carb items from the menu. The food always tadte good and fresh. Never had a bad meal.

Baton Rouge
“Standard Heavy, Fatty, Fried Breakfast, Nothing Interesting”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

If a big, heavy breakfast appeals to you, then this is your spot. Don't look for any fruit or healthy choices on this menu - you won't find much. I was so excited when I finally found apples on the menu only to find out they were FRIED apples. I finally settled on grits and biscuits. The biscuits have so much shortening in them that they have sort of a fried texture to them. The grits were undercooked. I know that they pride themselves on country cooking, but they could still have that and the food be less heavy, more healthy, and taste better. I ate way better and healthier home cooking growing up in the country. Probably no coincidence that everyone I saw there looked overweight.

Visited March 2013

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!