“This Cracker Barrel Not Up to Standards in the Kitchen”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Ranked #148 of 1,061 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Cracker Barrel chain is a favorite of ours. We are visiting Baton Rouge from New York State. My mother cautioned us about this location, but we decided to try it. My mother was right. The service was fine, the store was fine. The food was not that good--kitchen staff on the day we visited (July 4) don't have it right. My husband said that the beef stew was more like beef soup. The fresh cucumber salad was not the delicious salad nicely presented that I've had at our local Cracker Barrel in New York State. Details matter, presentation matters. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We travel a lot and the Cracker Barrel right off Airline Highway in Baton Rouge, LA was always a stop heading to the east and heading back to the west. Times have changed! The food today was disgusting!!! How can you serve burnt food and it be cold? The food was terrible. I sent it back and asked for a hamburger it came as you can guess Burnt and crunchy meat, totally dry! Our waitress did not like refilling iced tea glasses. We had to wait over 20 minutes for 1 refill. Counting 2 of us in my party the restaurant patrons dining was a total of 8. Staff including our waitress was 3 waitresses, 1 female manager and 1 male host. I call that not busy for a restaurant. Horrible food, horrible service and horrible experience. At checkout we were asked was our food good, and I replied no and got no response. Not once in the restaurant did the manager come over since I sent the first order back and she saw our tea glasses were empty for a long time. Go somewhere else and eat good food!!!!

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Nice clean restaurant. Fast service. Excellent wait staff. Food fresh and made to order. Love the store!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Had a wonderful time. Food is great and the waitress was wonderful. Love the gift shop. The atmosphere is not as quiet as I would like but enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This place is packed so get there before the rush! We always get the low carb items from the menu. The food always tadte good and fresh. Never had a bad meal.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!