“Was great the first time, better the second time”

Anthony's Italian Deli
Ranked #12 of 1,032 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, NC
“Was great the first time, better the second time”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This time we ate in rather than take it with us. We had the muffoletta and it was perfect. Warm enough to melt the cheese and warm the olive salad mix and meat. Every table was filled as we left the restaurant. The good news is that it is moving to a new location that will be closer to our daughter's house. My wife did take 1/4 of the sandwich home for her lunch the next day. As a bonus, My daughter was in the area and brought another muffoletta home a few days later. It was excellent. Hopefully the new restaurant/deli will continue to make the same wonderful sandwiches.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank 1NCfoodie

Denham Springs, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Muffoletta!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was in search of the best Muffoletta (Their Spelling) in town and I think I have found it. It had the right amount of tang from the olive salad to keep you coming back for more. The portion sizes are huge. I could feed my whole family off of one sandwich. Will be back for more! The Mom and Son running the deli were so nice and interacted with all of the guest.

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy food; Happy people!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This place makes me smile! Good 'Ol Italian deli foods in a quaint setting and consistent delightful service! Plans to relocate soon.

1 Thank Valorie J
“Wonderful suprise”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We found this place and it was very small in size, but we loved the sandwiches we ordered. We all ordered something different and shared. Can't remember what the names of all the sandwiches were but I think my favorite was the Italian ham and cheese. It was great. You will not go wrong with Athony's. 5 stars from the Hancock's.

1 Thank fhancock
Walker, Louisiana
“Overrated”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm sorry, I've been here more than once and I don't see what all the fuss is about. When you order spaghetti there's a pool of water at the bottom of your plate and the meatballs are ok, but not worth going out of the way for. Super nice owners, but I've got to be honest and say I just don't get what people see in this place.

• Visited May 2014