“Great dining experience.”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We found this gem on an overnight stay in Baton Rouge. It was close to the hotel so we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did. The restaurant was busy with it being a Friday night and we had no reservations. The staff was wonderful, they opened their private dining room so that we wouldn't have to wait for a table. Given that we had been on the road for 10 hours this was very much appreciated. The restaurant was participating in "Restaurant Week" so they had a special menu for $25. I selected the lemon soup as a starter, a wonderful eggplant and seafood dish as my entree and baclava and Greek coffee for dessert. Everything was wonderful. A true Greek experience. My dinner companions were just as satisfied with their meals. The service was great and the price was very reasonable for a high end dining experience. I would highly recommend this place. I hope to visit again on another trip.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The location is small, but the tables are not crowded. The service was exceptional. The owner and the manager both visited our table during the meal to check on us.

We started by ordering Greek Tea, which was standard, and Cheese Saganaki, which is fried cheese that is flambéed at the table and put out with a fresh squeezed lemon, and pita bread. The appetizer was quickly devoured, it was so good. I ordered the Spitini, a stuffed beef tenderloin over pasta which was fantastic. My boyfriend ordered the Pastichio, the waiter described it as the Greek version of lasagna. He said it was nice and light, not to heavy. He stated the dish was however a little bland. We finished our meal with the Galatoboureko, which is a custard filled pastry with a light syrup. The dessert was delicious, light, and not too sweet.

I would highly recommend trying this restaurant! I'm already planning my next visit. I saw a number of customers order the Shrimp Polina which looked and smelled amazing!

1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We first went to Zorbas on a Wed nite and luckily had made reservations as it was packed. We were a party of 4 and 3 of the party really enjoyed their dishes. The 4th, not so much. The best dish by far was the Seafood Stuffed Eggplant. Awesome! We liked it so much that we got 2 orders the next time we visited. The least favorite dish was the Grilled Fish. The fish itself was over-cooked and dried out. We are in South Louisiana so cooking fish should be a no-brainer. Interestingly, this was the second restaurant in a row that ruined our fish dishes. This dish has a very strong lemon souce that accompanies it and our dish was literally swimming in it. If you want to try this dish (assuming the fish is cooked well) you should definitely order the sauce on the side so you can control it better.

As I said earlier we did go back for a second visit and this time it was excellent! We both got the Seafood Stuffed Eggplant and Avlogomono soup, and both were terriffic. We'll be back!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Everything we have had was excellent.
Like the combination plate.
Their Greek Beats lebanese hands down.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

It never really dawned on me that the gyros I have eaten are not genuine Greek, but Lebanese. It's like the difference between Chinese and Vietnamese. Of course there are many similarities, but the seasoning and cooking style varies enough to differentiate. First, we entered into a bustling lil area at the beginning of dinner rush. The staff was very welcoming and informed. We started with the fried calamari...good seasoning but overfried.It would have been less rubbery if the cooking time was s few minutes less. Along with the calamari, lemon slices and garlic cloves were fried. My husband had the gyro plate, (be aware there is no additional salad to put on your gyro as customarily given at Lebanese locations like Alabasha/cafe Phoenicia. The grilled pita are cut into strips, which gives it a nice signature. I ordered the mousaka, which is similar to a casserole: hamburger, potatoe slices, cream and cheese on top. Not bad since I never have had it before. For dessert, we had the kataifi, a nice light custard with a shredded coconut crust -lightly drizzled with honey...reminded me of a girl scout cookie (Carmel delites/ samosa). The Greek ice tea was aromatic- light and not overwhelming with only two pine seeds!

We enjoyed the ambiance, the area is a bit small- filled with food and chatty diners, but that's okay because that's the experience of it all.