“Clean with a great view.”

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Clean with a great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located a block away from the levee and within walking distance from many restaurants. The hotel is modern and our room was quite clean. Amenities were simple, just a safe and single-serve coffee maker. The nicest aspect of the room was the view of the Mississippi River from the room. Overall, no complaints about the stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vince S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Houston, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

The waitress insisted to take the breakfast buffet as she didn’t want to give me a full service. I ended up ordering eggs benedict and instead of poaching the eggs I received some kind of oily fried egg whites smashed together as if they were poached. I ended up eating just fruit. Giving a second chance I came back the next day and tried the buffet. I asked for two fried eggs over easy and I got two oily super well done fried eggs. Horrible! Once again I ended up eating fruit. The two mornings I was attended by the same waitress who preferred to talk with the girl behind the buffet doing the omelettes that too serve me. Both days when she served my horrible eggs she said they looked very tasty and good as she was trying to cover her friend. The coffee was good but they only served my one cup and didn’t offer more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

4 Thank Jose L
Marcus H, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed in our breakfast offerings, I have brought your comments to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your concerns in mind. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.

Marcus Hennigan
Glynn, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Cool historic hotel. Nice hotel staff, great buffet breakfast, big windows in rooms on city view side. Nice place to stay in downtown baton rouge. Close to everything and has shuttle service. Would stay again. Vallet parking is extra $17 or you can park $5 at open lot one block down from hotel. Very close to restaurants, bars, museums, etc. walking distance to lots of things.

1 Thank Robert E
Roanoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed the week of Christmas got a wonderful upgrade beautiful historical hotel great staff. The river view is a must coffee in the lobby rocks. Architecture of this building amazing. I believe some renovations are due to start love to see this classy hotel rock some refurbishment s

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank eeseasdaszds
houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

very clean hotel and freindly staff. bathrooms were updated and clean. good water pressure in the shower and plenty of hot water. the hotel has a old charm feel, with modern quality's. I will stay here again when visiting baton rouge la.

1 Thank Dean A
Baton Rouge, La
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here for New Years Eve to go downtown for festivities. The Hotel is kinda of old but has been remodeled some. I like the fact that you are 1 block off 3rd st where there a lot of nice Bars, Pubs & restaurants. I find the rooms a little dated & small but they where clean. Its not quite as nice as the other Hiltons we stay at. I would stay here again just because of the location & the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank MargaritaBill
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were traveling back home to the Carolina coast from Houston and decided to stay in Baton Rouge at the last minute. We found the Hilton Baton Rouge and decided to stay there based upon previous reviews. The hotel was very easy to find and was in a great location downtown. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was small but comfortable. Unfortunately, it was not in very good repair. The handle on the hot water faucet fell off when I turned it and the wallpaper was peeling off the bathroom wall. The worse part was the room was not thoroughly cleaned from the previous occupants. There was hair in the bathroom sink and tub and there was a partially used shampoo container in the tub. Yuck...The sheets appeared clean so we all slept well. We had breakfast the next morning in the Kingfish Grill. Service was poor. We waited 10-15 minutes and no one, absolutely no one was there to greet us, show us to a table, nothing. We did not see a single service person. We did see another diner sitting at a table so we seated ourselves and started to go through the breakfast buffet. At this time, we heard some raucous laughter from the kitchen area and then saw several staff members coming out. We were served at the omelette station by a very nice young man who said that he didn't work this area but was happy to help us. He did a great job. We were then approached by two different people, one who appeared to be a manager and another waitress, who both told us that we were sitting in a closed station. We offered to move but they said no. Our waitress was not friendly and seemed annoyed with us from the get go. The food was quite good but the service and professionalism were poor. We paid, checked out and left. The valet gentleman was very helpful and friendly.

Overall, this was comfortable hotel and would be a fine place to stay if the management addressed these issues we experienced. If I had a choice, I would not choose to stay here again. There are other options for my money in this area.