“Nice rooms, staff & location”

Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Oregon
“Nice rooms, staff & location”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you're lucky, you'll get Colette at the registration desk. She has always been a shining example of southern hospitality and professionalism. Our first room had a plumbing problem, so she upgraded us for our annual 1.5 week stay. The pool, hotel facilities and restaurant are always well maintained. We always enjoy our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: South side on an upper floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kaycee2881

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband has been staying here for the past three weeks waiting on the move-in date of our new home. The front desk happily receives and hold packages that I've mailed to him, laundry facilities are on site, and the suite is a great size and has all the necessary amenities for a longer stay. My sons and I just joined him here, so now there are 4 of us in the suite (tighter, but temporary). It's been a great stay, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The location is also great for dining and shopping.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sheryl F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

One night stay here was awesome. Colette at the front desk was wonderful by greeting with a "Welcome back...." She remembered me from a previous visit and went out of her way to make me feel welcome. As well as giving me a " big thank you and see you next time" as I walked out the next morning. her and the rest of the staff were all great. I will definitely be coming back!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DOUGLAS G
Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I found this place to be in a great area plenty of restrauants to find. It is a quite place and cozy. I have had my family stay here twice while visiting family ( both time staying almost a week) and would stay here again whenever I come back. I found that when the breakfast area gets slammed pack that the kitchen help is slow to recover. Sometimes I think they need more help. I do feel sorry when there is only 1 helper and they get overwhelmed. It is more a business hotel, but I love it because at night it is quite for us to turn in. The front office is sweet to arrange us a 1st floor room or rooms so we won't be above anyone and be loud.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pbscastle
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I enjoyed a 3 day weekend with my wife at this establishment. Our room was very quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean (nice cleaning ladies everyday). Normally, we get an option of points or snacks resulting from our platinum level. The guy at the front desk didn't even offer the traditional "thank you for being a platinum member." No room upgrade was mentioned and we weren't offered or questioned about snacks or points. I called down because sometimes snacks and water are left in the room. The lady answering the phone said if we had qualified for it, it would have been mentioned at check-in. After asking a couple of questions, she put the gentleman who checked us in on the phone and said that he had started automatically giving points because it was a better deal than us taking snacks but offered to let us come back down and get something if we wanted it. It was just very odd and he added that when we booked rates at other Marriott Hotels that we were paying for the snacks at their rate, anyway. Kinda' talked in circles and made me feel like I was somewhere in left field. I have 3 preferred places to stay with Marriott: Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Courtyard, and Residence Inns--- Never encountered anything like this before.

The breakfast offerings were just ok. The coffee was very weak-even the "dark robust." The nightly food offerings were only available Monday through Wednesday. I generally don't partake of anything other than an occasional cookie but the schedule seemed odd. The computer in the lobby would not print our boarding passes. This could be a gem based on its quiet location....a few things need some fine tuning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1NCfoodie
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Great staff - great location! Really enjoyed the trip - fantastic hotel, staff is very friendly. The location is great between multiple different restaurants and shopping. Plus perfect for my business being centrally located

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick H
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was definitely home away from home and I will be staying there again. The staff was courteous, friendly, and helpful. Even with it being a holiday weekend and the hotel was booked, it was still quiet. Also reasonably price. It's quite a steal

• Stayed May 2013