“Good place to stay”

Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Had not stayed at this property in over a year, it was my first choice in BR pre-Katrina, but suffered some after. I am happy to say that this is now back on my preferred list of places to stay in BR. The staff were great, room was clean and well appointed and at $107 for a suite was a real bargain. The included breakfast had all the basics covered. The large lounge was good for business entertaining, but I do miss those free drinks. Convenient location, close to good restaurants. Overall, a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of B building face I-10 and can be a little noisy. E building is the newest...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Our suite was clean and the staff was very accommodating. The hotel had a great breakfast and Bobby is always there to help with anything you may need.
The McClellands

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have to give a big thumbs up once again to this hotel for the excellent service we received during our stay August 20th. I was travel organizer for 2 soccer teams and I got a great rate for our 30+ rooms. My room was fresh and clean, got my ground floor request too!

Breakfast wasn't served until 7am but we all needed to be at fields by 7 so they opened it early for us, the selection was slim as there was nothing cooked yet, but the bagels, waffles and cereal was adequate and I was appreciative they even did that for us.

The pool is rather large and there is an adjoining bar where you can get cocktails! Fun for us parents :-)

Overall a pleasant stay and we will be back in October for another tournament.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Cons:
Stayed on the second floor. Too bad there was no elevator. I was traveling with two older (65+) adults and three elderly dogs that do not like stairs. Several trips were made to walk the dogs and ferry the suitcases. It wasn't fun. Good thing I'm still young and able (20 yrs)

One of the front desk agents suggested Sullivan's Steakhouse (which is FANTASTIC and literally just down the road) when we asked for something "substantial and not fast food" . We were obviously new to the area, and just staying for the night; so we took his word.
Now don't get me wrong, it was fantastic; but the bill ended up being 180+$ for two, there was a dress code, and I felt extremely out of place eating there. I can't believe it was even suggested, and that the agent said "it is a little pricey" still completely blows my mind. That was the most expensive and classy restaurant I've ever been too. It's a good thing the two people I was traveling with are 'well off' and do that sort of thing weekly.

The pool closes at ten: I like to swim late.

Pros:
Cable was really good, great TV as well.
Great shower and amenities. Really great hot water. Even the drain was clean.
Mini-fridge and microwave were in plain-sight.
The remote is "clean"
The free hot breakfast is great, and the server who got us drinks was very friendly. I'm terrible with names, but he did a great job, and was very polite and had a bright and chipper personality.
Great place to walk the dogs around, though the layout was a little confusing at first.
The beds were some of the best beds I've ever been in. Really, you have to try it!
Actual high speed internet: I post all of my pictures from my travels from the day at night when I check in; internet access is a must. It was really fast and I was able to watch videos and update Facebook and all that jazz.

Unfortunately, I have no photos to post, though the rooms and the main building were pretty. (the outside leaves a little to the imagination though)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and was always pleased, however we have not stayed the past 4 years until 30-31 July 2011. I was SO disappointed with our recent visit. We had 3 different rooms first night. First room was falling apart. 2nd room had the worst odor you can imagine and the toilet had to be flushed over and over to get paper down, so one can only imagine trying to get anything else down. We are allowed to move to a 3rd room. It was somewhat better, at least the bathroom had been renovated, but furniture and carpet was stained and it had a very bad smell. I purchased candles and air freshener to try and mask the stench. The bed was very comfortable but we had to chase the fitted sheet constantly during the night. It was not large enough and the corners kept popping off. VERY annoying! I also have an issue with cleaning staff. The woman cleaning our room understood NO English. Basic English should be required. Breakfast was still much more than adequate and lady manning breakfast was very nice and friendly. Front desk staff was easy to work with regarding room changes. The pool was not clean. Upon check out I addressed my concerns and was told that renovations are underway. So I recommend if you stay at this hotel before all renovations are complete, insist of a renovated room or choose another hotel.

Room Tip: By all means, request a newly renovated room!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Loved this hotel. I stayed here with my 2 dogs, husband and 2 and a half year old and it was clean, safe, super nice inside, great service and located around some great restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel to any family or anyone traveling with a pet. The bedding was the best we had in all the hotels we've stayed in and there was a hot breakfast and a pool as well as a vollyball court. They even had a little area with snacks and other essentials to purchase and we walked to a great mexican restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Love love love this place. Frequently travel to Baton Rouge and this is the best hotel I've stayed at yet. Spacious room and a comfy bed; what more could I ask for. Very quiet room even with I-10 at its back door. Location couldn't have been better. Easy in and easy out when it was time to go. Will definitly be returning.

• Stayed: March 2011