“Oasis in Baton Rouge”

Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge
Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family had a great stay at this hotel over Labor Day weekend. The young lady that assisted in check-in was very helpful & the lady cooking breakfast is the bomb! There were indifferent employees, rude guests, and not-so-great area, but overall, we were extremely pleased. Great bargain, great breakfast, comfortable suite. Would recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Malinda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about you and your family's recent stay with us. We use this feedback to improve whenever and wherever possible and it also gives your fellow travelers a chance to review honest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you encountered our friendly staff at the front desk and at the complimentary full hot buffet breakfast. I am also pleased to hear that your family enjoyed the suite as well. We hope to sell you all again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I must say our stay was very pleasurable. The property was very clean. Our room ( suite) was very clean, No odors of any kind. No wet floors. The dishes were clean, as well as all appliances. Our restroom was sparkling. Our beds were very comfortable, with clean sheets and clean comforters. The WiFi was very fast. We had plenty of towels, wash cloths etc. When we needed clean ones, it was not an issue to get them, as soon as we let a staff member know, they were there! Speaking of the staff, they were very sweet, caring and kind people. This even includes the maintenance personnel. No we didn't need them, however they were still very friendly! The breakfast is great, the pool, very inviting ! It isn't always easy pleasing a family of 5 but these people did it !! We will be coming back again and again !

Room Tip: We stayed in building E room 164 on the ground floor and had no issues with noise !!
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write detailed feedback about you and your family's recent stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to improve whenever and wherever possible. I am very glad that you enjoyed the clean two queen bed suite, grounds, and gatehouse. Our pillow-top mattresses are perfect for relaxing and enjoying a good night's sleep. I am also very pleased to hear that you encountered our friendly staff from multiple departments. We want every guest to feel like this is their "Home Away From Home." We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My family of six really enjoyed the wonderful staff, clean hotel, and excellent food - we will look here first when we next go to Baton Rouge. The pool was a lot of fun, and please take advantage of the free breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the lounge. They were both very good.

William,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about you and your family's recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you all enjoyed the outdoor pool, Southern Style full hot buffet breakfast, and complimentary hors d'oeuvres in our lobby lounge. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for a sporting event. At check in the person assisting me was very helpful but not very nice. She knew that we were with a sports team and was not pleased about it. We overheard her making negative statements regarding our group to other guests checking in.

There are several buildings in this complex. We stayed in a building that was ok. After checking in and unpacking we noticed the carpet was wet right where you walked in the room (behind the shower). We were not ready to pack up, deal with the front desk and move to another room so we avoided the area. At check out we mentioned the wet floor. The person checking us out ripped a small piece of paper and wrote down our room number and wet floor and set it to the side. I think I saw it fall to the floor and don't know what became of the note.

The hotel seems to be very nice and has nice grounds. The breakfast is excellent. The hotel was even accommodating when our group told them that we hoped for breakfast before 7am due to early games.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed most of your stay but I apologize for not meeting all your expectations. We look at feedback as a way to improve whenever and wherever possible. I want you to know that your comments are taken very seriously and I have already addressed the unprofessional comments that you mentioned in our recent staff meeting and maintenance has also fixed the problem that you reported at check out with your air condition. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your sports group with breakfast, as I know this is something very important in everyone's day. We hope to see you and your group again the next time you play in Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here overnight and all I can say is Yuck! Our room smelled very musty and nasty and felt very humid. The building we stayed in actually smelled funky also. The next morning housekeeping kept knocking even though it was 2 1/2 hours before checkout. I told them when I would be leaving and when I walked out with my first load, one of the housekeeping staff was waiting outside my door with the cart. I could hardly get around her. The only plus here was the breakfast. It was better than many other hotels.

Room Tip: Try to avoid building "C". I can't speak for the rest of the buildings though.
1  Thank Jennifer G

Jennifer,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It gives us an opportunity to hear back from all of our guests and allows us to improve whenever possible. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and I want you to know that we have corrected the issues that you experienced so that every guest's stay can be more enjoyable. We have had C building's main air conditioner checked and have adjusted the room thermostats to compensate for our humid Louisiana weather. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations the next time you stay in Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Cleanliness of room went down as week progressed. Despite my following instructions on not requiring fresh towels every day the housekeeping service continued to take towels--bad bad for environment. Breakfast was exceptional with actual chinaware and silverware for dining. Evening bar food was also a treat.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize if there was a misunderstanding for our towel re-use program. However, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary full hot buffet breakfast and the hors d'oeuvres in the lobby lounge, as well as the presentation. We hope you will stay with us again the next time that you are in Baton Rouge.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We always enjoy our stay at this hotel and our room is always clean with a comfortable bed. We love that they have such a good breakfast at this hotel to get our day started that way we don't have to stop for breakfast when we get on the road. Very friendly staff

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you have chosen our hotel many times for your trips to Baton Rouge and we appreciate your business. I am also glad to hear that our breakfast is one of your highlights about your stay. We hope to appeal to all guest with the large variety and choices. Again, thank you for leaving your comments and we hope to see you again soon.