“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunrise, Florida
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I booked a 2 night stay here through Priceline.com not realizing it was a pet friendly hotel. Unfortunately for me, I have severe allergies to pets. Kelly, at the service desk, was a pleasure in helping me figure out what options I have as the hotel was not booked directly through them. I ended up getting the hotel price refunded through Priceline.com. My family and I were thankful for the service provided by Best Western. Thanks!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our friendly staff even though you did not stay with us. We do deep clean all rooms with any kind of pet for both cleanliness and allergy purposes before the room is rented again. However, we understand your feelings and I am glad that we were able to assist you with choosing another hotel and refunding your account through Priceline. We hope you will stay with Best Western again.

Jennifer Holmes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town for the LSU homecoming football game. The poolside king suite was great, bed was comfortable, water in shower was hot, and breakfast was fresh and good. The hotel is close to everything. Will be back to an LSU football game and this hotel!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent experience while staying with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Poolside Deluxe King Suite, as well as our many other amenities, like the Southern Style full hot buffet breakfast. Visiting Baton Rouge for an LSU game in Tiger Stadium is like no other experience in college football. I am glad to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the experience and are pleased to have return and stay with us again the next time you visit Baton Rouge. We look forward to seeing you again.

Burlingame, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were using a free nite voucher. About an hour after check in the front desk called, said the voucher was no good, had already been used and we would be billed the full room rate. . We requested they double check. After waiting over an hour for a call back we called the front desk and was told it was a computer glitch. No apology, no explanation as to why the front desk hadn't called back. Staff didn't make us feel welcome. Real hesitant about staying in a Best Western in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Karen,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. It gives us an opportunity to see how each guest experienced their stay while also giving us a chance to improve whenever and wherever possible. I want to apologize for the problem that occurred after your check in and the communication that was not made. It is our hotel policy to collect payment at the time of check in and run any type of voucher or travel card at that time. Our front desk agent has been re-trained in both those procedures and how the situation was handled and communicated afterwards. There was a problem with the Best Western website that processes the voucher that kept giving an error that the voucher was already used. After our agent contacted the rewards department with Best Western International, they were able to fix the problem and process your voucher. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and for how the problem was handled. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Don't stay here! The stay is not equipped for high volume weekends. I stay at BW during LSU's homecoming weekend for a wedding. I was supposed to check-in at 3 pm and I didn't get into a room until 3 am. Ridiculous!!! And they wouldn't even extend my check-out time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Tymika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. It gives us a chance to see how each guest experienced their stay and focus on improving wherever possible. I have had a chance to speak with our Front Office Manager who spoke with you on Monday about your experience. I apologize that you were not able to check in at noon. I was told that you returned again around 4:30pm and your room was still not ready when our check in time was 3:00pm. I understand that weddings can be a fun and exciting time to attend, but at the same time be very stressful when things go awry. I am glad that our staff was able to provide you with a place to get ready for the wedding that you were attending. However, I can understand how stressful and inconvenient it was to wait until the early morning when you returned to check into your room. Though our Front Office Manager already credited a discount and rewards points, I am refunding the entire night for the inconvenience. Again, I apologize for the issue and hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for over 10 years. Rooms have been continually updated and refreshed as time passes. The one bedroom suites are super. Some have sliding door to outside...super nice. Withing the suite a door can be closed for privacy of sleeper. A full kitchen, with full size appliances make this place a home away from home. We can cook, or go out and eat at any nearby restaurant. Close to restaurants, theaters, and shopping. A complimentary breakfast is nice, and a managers cocktail house hits the spot. The value and quality for this property is the best in Baton Rouge. Yes, there are plenty of hotels, but none that meet all the qualities of the Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites in Baton Rouge, LA.
Ohhhh, almost forgot. Some units have fireplace.
There is a basketball court outside and swimming.

Room Tip: If you like a bit of fresh air, ask for bottom floor with sliding door to outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am proud to hear that you revisit us for over ten years and consider us your "Home Away From Home." That is exactly how we want every guest to feel when they stay with us. I am also glad that you have really been able to experience all of the changes and updates that have taken place over such a long time and thoroughly enjoy all that our hotel has to offer. I want you to know that it actually brought tears to my eyes to read your review and how much you have enjoyed your visits with us. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything. I hope to see you again soon.

The Villages, FL
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at this BW for three nights. The foyer was beautiful and clean, and we were expecting the same of the rooms. The staff was friendly. We were assigned to the first floor of Bldg. C. We went to the room and upon opening the door the smell of mold was overwhelming. We went back to the front desk, told the problem, and the staff went to check out another room for us. Someone came back and said they found another room that was good. We followed them to the room (which was next door to the first room), and again, it was moldy smelling. Not as bad as the first one, but definitely not good. We asked for another room, and was told they had none because of the LSU game there that weekend. All the hotels were booked, and we were stuck there. When we got home, we had to air out our luggage for three days to get the smell of mold off them. In there defense, there breakfast is very good. They use glass dinner plates, and metal cutlery. In the end, we will never stay there again. It kind of ruined our trip.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room prior to paying, and if possible DON'T take it if it is smells.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. It gives us a chance to see each individual guest's experience and improve wherever possible. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, encountered our friendly staff, and enjoyed the ambiance. However, I am disappointed to hear that your suite had an odor in it. I would love to hear more about your experience and get more information from you so that we can pin point any issue in the room that you stayed in and correct it promptly. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Shreveport, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Have stay at this hotel many times in the past. I went to Baton Rouge quickly without a reservation. Call reservation on my way to town. Reserved a suite with two showers. Perfect !!! Since I had my wife and her daughter. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stays with us. It gives us a chance to see each guest's experience and improve wherever necessary. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family's needs on such short notice and that you were able to enjoy the Two Queen Two Bathroom Suite. Thank you for staying with us when you come to Baton Rouge. We appreciate your return business and hope to see you again soon.