“Great Hotel, Great Value”

Richmond Inn & Suites, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Wonderful staff with a great attitued. I stayed in the presidential suite with the jacuzzi tub. That is a great deal for the price. It is a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom had the jacuzzi and a seperate shower. There is a wonderful breakfast (although I didn't have time to enjoy it this trip).

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star rating. I am so pleased to hear that you encountered and friendly staff and that you enjoyed your Presidential Suite with all of its amenities. We hope to see you again soon so you can have a chance to try our complimentary Southern Style hot buffet breakfast.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a very quiet, clean, and comfortable place to stay. Everything we needed was provided in the room for us. It is close to very nice dining and shopping. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for giving us a 5 star review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in our clean and spacious rooms, our hotel amenities, and our convenient location. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

As a frequent traveler, I seek out Best Western facilities for business and pleasure. This was my first visit to Best Western Plus Richmond Inn and can honestly say it was a top notch facility. The staff, the room, the breakfast set-up were all pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for your 5 star review. I am so glad to hear that you are a frequent Best Western traveler and that you chose us while in Baton Rouge. I am also pleased to hear that you encountered our friendly staff, enjoyed our spacious rooms, and took advantage of our complimentary Southern Style full hot buffet breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Got in very late, but was greeted by a very positive resceptionist who did everything possible to meet my needs. A brief explanation about the key services provided was offered. The quality of the room was excellent and the overall cleanliness and presentation was to my liking. I have already bragged to my friends about the experience. I actually stayed in this hotel about two months ago and made it a point to return to it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Olga,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star rating. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were greeted by our friendly staff. We appreciate the return business and your wonderful recommendation to your friends. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past few years and have seen the service steadily decline. Now it is to the point were I will not recommend this Best Western to anyone. During the first night of our stay the fire alarm went off around midnight. First, our daughter was the only one who heard the alarm, we did not hear it in the bedroom of our suite. Second, my husband went to the front desk to determine what was going on, and spent the next ~hour trying to help the front desk staff turn off the alarm. No fire trucks, no professional inspection at all. He actually walked around the building to see if there was any smoke!!!!! The alarm continued until ~1 am. When I mentioned the fact that we were not able to sleep due to the alarm to the young lady who checked us out, her response was to shake her head and say, "I know." OF COURSE SHE KNEW! No apology, no nothing. The other problems included no maid service in the sitting area of our room. Yes, they made the king bed in the bedroom, but touched nothing in the sitting area where our daughter slept or in the kitchenette. They replaced the bath towels, but left no hand towels, wash cloths, or bath mats. When my husband went to the front desk, he received 2 hand towels and 2 bath mats, no wash cloths. We visit Baton Rouge several times a year. We will definitely find another hotel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. We use this feedback to improve whenever and wherever possible. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay and I want you to know that I have personally addressed them with our front desk and housekeeping staff. They have both received re-training in those areas to prevent this from happening in the future or at least handle the problems quickly and professionally. Again, I am sorry that you encountered the problems and would like to exceed your expectations in the future. Please contact me directly in the future and I would love to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our Presidential Suite on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and have always found this to be a great value. Staff is very helpful and considerate. Location is excellent and centrally located. Great place for gameday and restaurants. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Kurt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for leaving a 5 star review. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our convenient location to anything in Baton Rouge and encountered our friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon. Our reservations are now open for the 2014 LSU football season.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. It was a different property... it had multiple buildings that looked more like apartment buildings. There were interior halls that you needed your room key to access. We were not in a suite but our room was nice. To me it was a bit small, but still very nice. We had a king bed, a desk, a chair with foot stool and a dresser. There was a refrigerator (but it didn't have freezer space so I couldn't refreeze my ice packs) but no microwave. There was a nice flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and linens were very nice. And, best of all, everything was very clean. The bathroom was very nice too.

The hot breakfast is what set this hotel apart. There was a very good hot buffet with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs (not hard), biscuits, grits, hash browns, oatmeal, bagels, cold cereal, raisin toast, etc. We were served on china with real silverware. Such a nice change!

The property is pet friendly, although we didn't have any pets.

Room Tip: Our room was in Building B which is next to the Interstate but we did not hear any traffic inside ou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for leaving a 4 star review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our quiet standard king room and that you enjoyed our complimentary full hot buffet Southern Style breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Baton Rouge and we would love to have your furry friends join us as well. We have 14 different rooms types to choose from.