“Probably the best Best Western I've Ever Experienced”

Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walden, Tenn
“Probably the best Best Western I've Ever Experienced”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The problem with Best Westerns is that they vary so much in quality. The Plus brand is more reliable, usually, but you seem to take pot luck when you book a Best Western.

However, this one is top of the line. The facilities are well maintained, the service is very good, the rooms are large and updated, and the hotel has all the facilities (except elevators to the second floor) that you would want.

There are five separate buildings with interior corridors so you do have to walk outside to get from the lobby/breakfast room to your sleeping room. The hotel is located near I-10 and adjacent to numerous restaurants of all price ranges along with shopping.

In short, this is a first rate hotel and liable to be quite cost efficient compared to other properties with similar amenities. Recommended enthusiastically.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. We use this feedback to improve whenever we can. I am pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us at our central city location and was welcomed by our friendly staff. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and ambiance. Based on other guest's feedback as well, you will be pleased to know that our property will be getting elevators for all of our guest room buildings in the upcoming few years. Again, thank you for all of your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Jennifer Holmes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Riverside, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Lets start out with my reservations. I reserved the room for a really really late check-in for three nights. When we arrived in Baton Rouge it was approximately 2 am in the morning. The girl at the front desk was nice and all but seemed clueless to our late check in. It seemed to take her forever to check us in and it was already a long day for us. We had a funeral service to attend in the morning. They offer hot breakfast at this location, which we thought would save us some time. My sister was sleeping in and I didn't want to miss out on eating. So I went down to the den where they were serving breakfast. I thought I would make a plate of eggs and bacon to share with my sister. The lady that was prepping the food, screamed across the room to me where I was only putting pepper on the eggs (i wasn't even close to leaving) SHE SCREAMED FROM ACROSS THE ROOM , MA'AM YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITH THAT PLATE...SHE SAID THIS TWICE! I responded ok..no problem. SHE STILL HAD TO SCREAM, THERE IS A SIGN. again I said...No problem...it was completely rude to embarrass me they way she did. She could have quietly came over and told me. The room was very comfortable and the bed The spa jets were not working very well. When it came to check out, I called to inform the front desk of our departure. They said all good. They a few seconds later, they called me back to inform me my check out wasn't until the following day. Well, this isn't want I signed up for but I think it had to do with my late check-in. The WORST EXPERIENCE FOR ME was the "breakfast police". Not the friendliest of staff!

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms near the front desk - have a patio that you can walk to the pool, instead of...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Darcy,

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. We use this feedback to see exactly how each guest's stay was and as a tool to focus on improving whenever we can. I want you to know that I will be reviewing your experiences with our entire staff so that we can have better communication with our front desk staff during check in and check out. In an effort to control pests and to ensure that supplies are readily available to all of our guests during breakfast hours, we do not allow plates or food to be taken from the breakfast area. Again, I apologize for the way that this was communicated. I know that funerals can be very difficult and stressfull and I am sorry if your experience during your stay attributed to that. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Luling, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I make it a point to stay at the Best Western Richmond in Baton Rouge every time I come to Baton Rouge. The front desk is alway pleasent and helpful. Additionally, they are very accomadating (such as early check in when available). It is to the point where they know me and greet me by name when I come. The rooms are alway clean and very comfortable. They just seem to go the extra mile for their guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for giving us a 5 star review. We appreciate your repeat business and I am so glad to hear that every time you stay with us you encounter our friendly front desk agents and have a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

Jena, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Best Western Richmond Inn & suites has the cleanest most spacious rooms. We had a suite with a full kitchen. Ir was extremely nice an comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was clean even in February. We asked for a room with a balcony and got just what we asked for.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Angie,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your experience with us from the interaction with the front desk agent to the layout of our property and spacious suites. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Such beautiful rooms. I wish they were all as nice as this one. Fantastic breakfast, staff was amazing. If anyone looking for a place to stay, this is where you should stay. You WILL NO BE DISAPPOINTED. I stayed in the king suite and it was like a small apartment. For the price, you can not go wrong. If I could have, I would have moved right in forever......

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience in one of our suites. They really are like small apartments. I am also glad that you enjoy the Southern Style hot buffet breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Ethel, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Beautiful hotel, HUGE suite...the bedroom alone was the size of an average hotel room. FULL Kitchen and living room with fire place. LOVED it and very very reasonably priced. It is also pet friendly. Only bad thing that happened was the police knocking on my door at 2am b/c we didn't have fireplace vent opened correctly and the poor folks upstairs room was getting all the smoke. THEY thought room was on fire.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Kirk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spacious Deluxe King Suite with a fireplace and thank you for being patient with the smoke problem. We hope to see you again soon.

Navarre, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel and staff were wonderful. Breakfast had variety and was great. Hair Dryer was deficient. Location was exceptional for the venues that I needed. Many shops, retail outlets grocery stores, and gas stations were nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience while staying with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you were met by our friendly staff and enjoyed the Southern Style hot buffet breakfast. I am also glad to hear that you were able to easily navigate many venus to visit while in Baton Rouge due to our central location. We hope to see you again soon.