Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Breakfast was awesome! Hotel was clean, except I could see dust over a picture hanging on the wall. We were unable to get ice our stay, which was a bummer since the fridge wasn't that cool.

• Stayed: June 2014
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Tonya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our spacious and clean rooms and that you were able to indulge in our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. I am sorry if you were not able to use the ice machine during your stay. In the summer they get heavy use. However, we have individual ice machines in each of our room buildings and our front desk staff would also be happy to get you some from the kitchen in the lobby. We hope you will stay with is again the next time you are traveling to the Baton Rouge area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everytime I stay at this hotel, I feel like I am at home. Excellent costumer service, every concern is answered and taken care of immediately. All the rooms that I have been in are clean and the housekeepers are attentive. Breakfast is always something to look forward to in the mornings, and the lounge area, Sarah the bartender, always makes you feel at home and you can sit and have a great conversation. My favorite part of Baton Rouge is the stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is great, if you like the ability to go in and out of your room to the pool, try and book...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I would also like to thank you for your return visits of the hear. I am so pleased to hear that you always enjoy your experience in our spacious and clean rooms and suites and that you are always greeted by a smiling face. Indulging in the hot buffet breakfast is a favorite among all of our guests. It is our goal to make every guest feel like this is their "Home Away from Home." We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed her for a third time in May, 2014. To their credit, I was not harassed by housekeeping this time, but again, at check-in I didn't receive the Diamond Member bonus points or drink. It's the principle, not the goods.

When I booked weeks in advance, I thought that I booked a room with a balcony, or, least sliding glass doors because I know from previous stays that the rooms have an unpleasant musty smell and the balcony doors are the only way to try to air it out. (I have stayed here in 2012, in a total of 4 rooms, all with the same odor). If management reads this, I urge you to correct it. No more excuses, just fix it. You know that it is undeniable- you can smell it as soon as you walk in).

I was in an exterior room in Building C, next door to some sort of maintenance/storage room. There was a filthy toilet plunger next to my door when I checked in Friday afternoon, and it was still there when I checked out on Monday.

Probably won't stay here anymore. I am a loyal BW customer, but the smell is a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the information about several of your previous stays. You feedback is important to us, as with all guests, and we will be focuses on improving with this information. All of our Diamond and Platinum tier level guests automatically receive a 250 point bonus for each stay with us. I apologize if this was not explained to you upon your check-in. We have also lowered all of the room A/Cs for the summer and we have done a preventative maintenance check on all hallway and public area A/Cs. I am also reviewing the plunger issue with our executive housekeeper so that it does not happen again. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel, and I can honestly say that both stays were excellent! The Best Western Plus Richmond Inn and Suites is comprised of several buildings, a pool, tennis courts and many amenities that that appeal to the frequent traveler. The bed was fabulous and the bathroom had been recently updated. The breakfast was AWESOME! It was like dining in an upscale restaurant with a nice assortment of food. There is a full-service bar and they have nightly happy hour....what more could a person want! Whenever I travel to Baton Rouge, this will definitely be my go to hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Aisha,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience from our spacious and clean rooms with pillow-top mattresses to all of our complimentary amenities, like the hot buffet breakfast, outdoor pool and SportCourt area, WIFI, and nightly hors d'oeuvres. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay in Baton Rouge for the night. This place is clean, affordable and easy to find. The breakfast had a nice assortment and it is very close to some good restaurants. We are a family of four and the rooms easily accommodated us.

Stayed: June 2014
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Yolanda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about you and your family's recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean and spacious room and indulged in our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. Our central city location makes it a breeze to get anywhere in Baton Rouge in just minutes. However, there is a lot to do within walking distance, such as restaurants, movie theater, and shopping. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great friendly, clean, reasonably priced hotel. I have been staying there for years and have always been satisfied. Breakfast is always tops for hotel food. A great restuarant is just around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. Thank you for your repeat business over the years. I am very pleased to hear that we, again, exceeded your expectations during this last stay in our spacious and clean rooms. Our central location does make it easy to get anywhere in Baton Rouge in just a few minutes, but there are also many restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater within walking distance. Our complimentary hot buffet breakfast is also a favorite among many of our guests. I am glad you were able to indulge before leaving. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here while attending parent orientation at LSU. We were attracted to this hotel because it is pet friendly and we had our little pomeranian with us. The area was quiet with no disturbances. Needless to say my husband and I were very pleased with the overall experience. The hotel was clean inside and out. The location was great. all appliances were working. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
19068, General Manager at Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge College Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Sabrina,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about you, your family, and your furry friend's recent stay and for the 5 star review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, quiet, and spacious suites. Our central location makes it very easy to get anywhere in Baton Rouge very quickly. I hope that you also enjoyed your experience at LSU and hope to see you again soon.