“Mixed Review...3.5 stars?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Mixed Review...3.5 stars?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We travel to Baton Rouge several times a year to visit the grandones and their parents. We are always looking for a comfortable, clean, affordable, quiet place to stay that is within 15 minutes of their home. This hotel does meet all of those criteria, so we do plan to return. Even though the room was on the first floor, we slept soundly, and I am a light sleeper. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are large. Nice not to feel stuffed into a small space. We stayed here for four nights in Nov. 2013. The breakfast was disappointing, unless you like pancakes or cereal.
Location: This hotel is within minutes of some of the best shopping in Baton Rouge. Take Lobdell south to Jefferson (turn left), immediately turn right onto Coporate, and you are there. The trick is staying on Lobdell.
Concerns: Room door was left unlocked by housekeeping. This was after we notified the front desk that the door was having issues with locking. On the positive side, nothing was stolen.
Major concern: The receptionist made a copy of my driver's license at check-in and told me that the copy would be kept on file after we left. This is too much info to be lying around in a filing cabinet. Yes, I should have walked out, but I already had relatives tapping their feet waiting for us to get to their house. I sent a message to the management defining my concerns. We have LifeLock so I'm not too worried. At least, I know where to start looking if we have a problem.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor in the back may have a nice view of the woods behind the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bwbatonrouge, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Best Western, during your last visit to our area.

We definitely appreciate your review and observations. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

Thanks for the positive comments, but also we have taken steps to improve upon your suggested areas.

We would like to invite you once again to choose is when you visit our area and experience the difference.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel that looks like it should be in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Super look. Awesome atrium and decor. Beds are comfortable and the breakfast was great. All rooms are suites with plenty of room and amenities. Feels more like an apartment than a cramped hotel room. I will stay here again and again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Captyoda
São José dos Campos, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The room is large and confortable, the bed is very confortable. The bath room is clean and the towels are good. There is a desk for using the computer and a space for the refrigerator and a microwave with a sink.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Cesar B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the Best Western for 2 nights in October. Rooms were HUGE, probably one of the biggest hotels rooms I've ever seen.
Rooms were very dated, old furniture, old carpet but clean and comfortable.
Everything was fine when it came to check in and the breakfast at the hotel. Only issue with the hotel breakfast it was always hard to get a seat in the eating area. Had to always bring the food back to our room to eat.
We did find a cockroach the one night in the bathroom but I calked it up to the humid climate and being on the ground floor.
If you are looking for a fancy hotel, probably not the best spot. If you want something clean and cheap - I'd suggest it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amellia_7
bwbatonrouge, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken, We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay.

Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Best Western. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

A lovely hotel, a very clean and spacious room and very friendly staff. It is a bit outside of downtown Baton Rouge but for us the quality of the hotel more than made up for the location. Good breakfast too!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClivePearman
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on a business trip where the client dictated where we were to meet.As such, I had no choice on where I was to stay. Based on the price of the room, I expected a much lower quality hotel. Instead, the hotel was very nice. The rooms were very large and clean.The service I received was as good as the service I received in any five star hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful.I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank PScott1956
Shreveport, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My home away from home. The staff treats me like family at this hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Wireless internet is free and fast. Breakfast is great. Parking is very secure and free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple