“Decent Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Not great. Not bad. Carpets are filthy. Overall would stay there again. Breakfast was great compared to other Hamptonn Inn's.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Wassanga
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I understand the condition of the carpet was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just spent 4 nights at the Hampton Inn I-10 ( near intersection of Reiger & Seigen) based on the good reviews and all I can say is...we must be way pickier than the other reviewers because we were very disappointed. First let me preface that we are long time Hilton Honors members and we stay in hotels approx 7-10 nights a month and usually always stay at Hilton or Marriott properties and we are very sensitive to cleanliness and attention to detail. On entry to the hotel it looked nice..even a bit elegant..and smelled fresh & clean, a good sign. We did get nice accommodation from the nice guy( did not get his name) at check in who arranged for us a double room that we needed( they only had Kings when we made the reservation). Our room was a standard double, had rather dated, but classic Hampton furniture and the beds were fine...linens standard Hampton fare & feather pillows; bathroom was clean but nothing special...lights were dim Obama-bulbs; all what we would expect at a Hampton, nothing less, nothing more. HOWEVER, the carpet in our room looked old & worn & was filthy and sticky with lots of dark spots especially behind the doors and along the baseboards . You could not go barefoot w/o the grungy feeling of dirty carpet on your feet. yuk! Also the hall carpets needed vacuuming when we checked in on day 1, and were still un-vacuumed on day 5 when we checked out, evidenced by the same lint, string, small pieces of paper & trash etc all over. Although our house keeping was done well, and timely, we don't believe our room was ever vacuumed during our stay. We also had a trail of ants roaming for days by the AC. Stomping them didn't get rid of them. We were in town for an event that kept us away from the hotel from very early morning until evening each day, so we just lived with the situation during our stay. On checkout we spoke with the front desk about our findings and although they were cordial, they seemed only mildly concerned and didn't offer any compensation as per the Hampton 100% guarantee.
The hotel has all the features of being great...nice architecture in the lobby & friendly day staff at front desk, but it just falls short, at least on the 2nd floor where we stayed. Probably would not stay at this property again unless they replace the carpet or at least get a housecall from the Rug Doctor .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tripstakeus
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was a great hotel for an overnight trip. Extra clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was more excellent. There is a lot of road construction in this area but we could not hear any of it from out room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold member and stay frequently at Hampton Inns. The one in Baton Rouge should be the model for how the hotels are operated and how the staff are trained nation-wide.

I arrived with a colleague from work who had stayed there previously and every member of the staff recognized her and called her by name. This is the first Hampton Inn where I actually received my on-site bonus for being a Gold member.

The rooms were standard-fare for Hampton Inn - spacious and clean. But, unlike most Hamptons, there was nothing broken, nothing that didn't work.

Kudos to the staff here for running a great establishment.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Fairly Calm property except for the I-10 road noise.. Recent Fall I-10 road 2011 construction keeps the noise higher than normal. Try to get extreeme far end rooms away from I-10. Mostly Business type folks here, nice accomodations. I ate in the Seigen lane area, lots of resteraunts nearby.
Otherwise pretty peacfull. Staff is Great and accomodating. $$$$ for the Money
Pool is ok(not heated) hot-tub wasn't hot even though I mentioned a few times while I was there :(

Room Tip: AWAY from I-10 Very Far Away
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here for one night on a road trip from Texas to Florida. The hotel itself was up to Hampton Inn standards and looked fairly new. There was an evening reception that included snacks and wine and beer which was a nice touch. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. There is alot of road construction near the hotel and we arrived during evening rush hour traffic and it took us forever to get to the hotel. That was our only negative and not the hotel's fault but be aware when booking.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This Hampton Inn is one if the nicests in the area. The people who work the front desk are awesome! Ms. Perry provided me with outstanding service by welcoming me like a vip. She offered to help me with information about Baton Rouge. The hotel is about 50 minutes west of New Orleans. 15 minutes from LSU and just a few exits from shopping. Also the lobby is a great place to hang out!

• Stayed: November 2011