“Needs updating and represents little to no value”

Baton Rouge Marriott
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This particular location is well used and should be on Marriott's 'needs upgrade' list. Clean rooms, they are well worn and a bit tattered. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the bar downstairs has a very friendly crew. Basically, if you are a business traveler nothing would strike you as special and you may consider it below average from other Marriott properties. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance which is nice. Priced as a Marriott, which is ridiculous. Try the newly remodeled Marriott Courtyard instead.

Room Tip: At least get a city view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Diamond W, Front Office Manager at Baton Rouge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for reviewing your stay here at the Baton Rouge Marriott!

It is our pleasure to serve you as our guest and provide outstanding service. I am very happy to hear that you found our staff service friendly and accommodating. I am also happy to share with you that we are looking forward to a full renovation for our property very soon.

We hope that you will come and visit us again in the future, we look forward to it. Thank you again for sharing!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

this is an older hotel, that is true. But the view from the 18th floor is great and the staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk was very nice and caring. It is centrally located, to restaurants and shopping. I was not sure because of some of the reviews but our room was clean and breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: higher floors have the better view and breakfast .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for business two nights. First room seemed to have been vandalized. Second room had water leak in ceiling that awoke us the next morning with dripping noise on the floor (carpet was saturated). Keys quit working second day-had to replace multiple times. Had to ask for lightbulb three times. Staff in bar not very attentive. Some shady characters in elevator late at night. Family at pool had big blow up raft - strange for traveling.... Maybe not guests? All amenities extra, but normal for Marriott full service hotels. (Did contact Marriott already and got nice response from manager, but I'm a regular on Trip Advisor and always post here as well.)

1  Thank MRM43

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! Every review we receive is an opportunity to ensure and improve that we are providing excellent service to our guests and review like this make this possible.

I am happy to hear that we have already addressed your concerns and that you were satisfied with the response. Feel free to remain in touch with us should you choose to stay at our property again in the future.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I trusted Marriott that no matter where I am I will be in a clean environment. Now I lost that trust! Now I can no longer trust the name Marriott. This hotel is worse than a motel 6, days inn etc. The hallways stink of old! Rooms are hot and the bathroom can barely fit one person.

The towels are so cheap and old that they scratch you when you try to dry off. Stains all over the carpet floor.

I was afraid to sleep thinking a bug or cockroach would crawl on me. Very old, very dirty, very hot, smelly dump. How can this be labled a Marriott? HOW?

I LOST ALL FAITH IN THE MARRIOTT NAME! NOT ONLY WILL THIS PLACE LOSE ME AS A CUSTOMER EVERY TIME I DRIVE THROUGH, BUT SO MANY MORE MARRIOTT'S WILL LOSE MY BUSINESS BECAUSE I CANNOT TRUST THIS CHAIN AGAIN AFTER MY HORRIBLE EXPERIANCE!!

1  Thank HilaryABL

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I am disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction and you have my sincerest apologies that we did not live up to the Marriott standard. Upholding the standard of brilliant service and ensuring that our guests are satisfied is our number one priority. I would like to get more information about your stay so we can make this right.

Please email me at dwilliams1@chrco.com so that I can better address your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you soon and thank you again for sharing this with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I saw the Marriott in Baton Rouge and thought "This will be so nice." Wow, was I wrong. This was a business trip and the stays at other Marriotts were always nice. But this place is old and outdated with hot hallways and a strong musty odor. The rooms were ill equipped. and super hot when I first entered it. No microwave, no fridge either. Saw an elevator out and cracked damaged marble floors. Breakfast is extra too. Internet advertises for $12.95 a day. With so much competition out there and charging for stuff other hotels include, I can't believe they are still open. I'll go elsewhere from now on. Like the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William L
Diamond W, Front Office Manager at Baton Rouge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I'm very disappointed to hear that we did not make a good impression. Our goal is to make your stay exceptional and I apologize that we didn't deliver on our promise of exceptional service and standards.

I would love to get more information from you to address the issues you've shared. Please email me at dwilliams1@chrco.com , so that we can further discuss your stay.

Thank you again for sharing this information with us. I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were kept up all night by noisy people screaming and slamming doors all night and repeated phone calls to our room after telling the person they had the wrong room. Front desk was not helpful and suggested I contact the 3rd party I booked it with. Will never stay here again!!!

1  Thank Jennmascorro
Diamond W, Front Office Manager at Baton Rouge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love to hear from our guests as this helps us in our goal to always provide excellent service.

Being told to contact the party you booked your reservation with is a strange response to give to a noise complaint and repeated phone calls and this is not the way we handle these types of issues. You have my apologies that your issue was not given the proper attention. We strive to provide a relaxing, problem free environment and you did not experience that. I will certainly inform the staff of your comments and address this issue so it does not happen again.

Again, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we can address it. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future. We welcome the opportunity to show you the brillant service we are capable of providing.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott in Baton Rouge and everything was great. The hotel is in a great location with many places to eat around. The staff is very friendly. The person checking me in (name was Diamond) was very polite and professional. My room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is an older Marriott property but it is well kept up and clean. If you are looking for an affordable, clean, and comfortable hotel with friendly staff and in a great location in Baton Rouge, this is a good choice! If I need a room in the area again, I will return to this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends