“I wish there was a -1 choice on the rating scale.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of ELF Express

ELF Express
ELF Express
Ranked #72 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San jose
“I wish there was a -1 choice on the rating scale.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place should be condemned. I have never been so terrified of staying in a hotel, as I was here. The smell was horrid and I got home with weird rashes on my arms. I am not very picky when it comes to hotels, but this hotel was by far the worst I have ever visited. Steer clear of this place...and the new owners are freaky.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Loismae1

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I travel all over the US. This literally was the worst room we have ever stayed at. We have been to Canada and Mexico and never would you find a room this bad. We are not picky about the room other than cleanliness and safety when we travel. We do not stay in high dollar rooms. This hotel had electrical wires showing, filthy, carpet so dirty we had to wear our flip flops. We got a non smoking room which had so much smoke smell that it was over whelming. This is the first review I have ever written. Please for the love of your family do not stay here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Kimberly C

Travellers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Chalmette, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is the worse motel I have ever stayed at. We evacuated for the the hurricane and couldn't find any rooms available anywhere. We stayed one night while we made call after call to find another place to stay. The headboard fell off the wall, the outlets were coming off the walls, there was a nice size hole behind the door, the floors were so nasty and filthy we had to keep our shoes on, the key cards wouldn't work, the wifi didn't work, mold growing in the bathrooms, mini fridge didn't work, people banging on walls all hours of the night and being loud outside. I ended up at the microtel hotel that was about 5 - 10 minutes on siegen and rieger I paid the same amount to stay at microtel as this nasty place and it was much nicer, very clean and friendly staff, also had free breakfast and within walking distance of food and shopping. I do not recommend staying here at all it is a health hazard.

Room Tip: RUN AWAY!! Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank rangel2703
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

The housemaids and a few desk clerks are the reason that place has survived this long. They do a wonderful job. I in my own opinion think the very fraudulent old lady that hides in that room isn't in any position to run a hotel. She blames all HER mistakes on the staff. I currently reside there now. And I am looking 4 another place to live. I have witnessed this old ladys foolishness. SAD!!!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank couldx190
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

Some people are very quick to judge. you dont judge a book by its cover and you you shouldn't judge a bussiness by it's exterior condition! they are doing a wonderful job there and they now have 24/7 security. they have made a 100 degree turn around w/that place. and not to mention the housemaids get a 10 on my level. we stayed there over 2010 thanksgiving!!!

• Stayed January 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

If you like drugs,prostitues,roaches,bed mites,mold in the bathroom,molded water soaked carpet,an ice cooler at the office with enough bacteria and slime in it to infect half the state.You will feel right at home.
I brought Crews in from Tx.to work in Baton Rouge and with in the first 24hrs this is what we came in contact with.It only took me one more day to move myself and 17 workers to a better hotel.Then the owner tried to over charge me about $700.00.
If you can't find any other place to stay in a fifty mile radius, STAY IN YOUR CAR ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.
This was by far the worse experience I have ever encountered.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
I read some of the reveiws before I got there and thought that they had been exadurated but by all means they were more than nice about it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hardcore8u269
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

Poor (and I don't embrace that term) internet connection is my reason to not stay. We all do have to earn a living somehow!

While the (internet) wireless network is definitely NOT dependable...Deluxe Inn located in Baton Rouge is surprisingly q/q..quaint and quiet..no sign of drugs, prostitution, unkept guests ...safety is an aim for many people and outwardly appears to be competent and available with their 25/14 on-site personnel.....if you can afford it elsewhere best you get on down the road! Of course, this opinion is given solely as a solo-traveler and from the front of the property...I'd have to experience anything other than this one visit to put forth anything further to say this day....EXCEPT holding on to the Iconnection is for the birds........A Sugar Blurb :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo