“Bed bugs/ terrible experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I got the sweetheart package because me and my husband wanted to stay one special night away from the kids on our 10 year anniversary. Little did I know I should have stayed home. The hotel is gorgeous in the lobby, but when we stepped into our room it is comparable to a motel and not a hotel. There was a hole in the bedroom door. The bedspread had multiple holes in it.tge raggedy air conditioner was very loud. I tried to get extra sheets and we had to go get them ourselves because there is no staff after 10 but one person. And to make it worst during the nite I was bitten by bedbugs. I have never had such an awful experience in my life at a hotel and I travel a lot in small towns. Then when I tried to speak to the manager, Joelle . She comforted me with words never sent me anything to fill out about the bed bugs and never returned or answered my callbacks. Do not stay at this hole in the wall. Go to the Marriott instead.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Plnty
JovelleBR, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. It is by acting on comments from guests such as yourself that we are able to constantly improve the level of service that we offer.Our hotel maintains a contract with Ecolab Pest Elimination service, which treats every room in the hotel on an ongoing basis to prevent the unexpected appearance of these unwanted visitors.Despite the best efforts of Ecolab, it is disappointing to learn that we failed in one of the most basic expectations of any guest staying in any hotel.
I would like to also apologize for the lack of follow up from management. I will communicate your comments to the department head and discuss the importance of guest satisfaction so this does not happen again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Before going to sleep, I plugged my phone in to charge. By the time I awoke, my phone was dead. I missed breakfast and asked to get fruit or yogurt instead and was only offered room service. That'd be great if the price of staying there didn't already include "complimentary breakfast". Be sure if you have somewhere to be you have a back up alarm system otherwise you'll leave late and hungry just as me and my family did. :(

1  Thank Jamie F

I am so sorry to hear that one of the plugs in your suite was not operating properly. Our Engineering team does inspections on our suites to ensure all is in working order. I apologize for this mishap and hope you can come back and stay with us again soon so that we can display our great hospitality, and so that you can enjoy the breakfast. Again, my apologies for your inconveniences during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Front desk personel acted bothered that we stopped in to stay at this Embassy Suites!! They were way too busy in the back watching tv and eating, to notice that we were staying there! No recognition for the Honors Program! The restaurant was AWESOME and so were the staff in the restaurant and breakfast area!!

1  Thank McEnulty J

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and concerns about the staff at our hotel. It is disappointing to hear the extent of your check-in experience with our front desk staff. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager to convey to her staff the importance of great customer service. I am happy to hear that the Restaurant staff did a great job while you visited with us. We hope to see you again soon, and your next experience will be a much better one!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Baton Rouge ( 4914 Constitution) for two nights this past December. The complex was outstanding, the service was great, and, there was Britty.
We checked out and headed on our way, wen I found out that I had lost my wedding ring of 28 years. When I was able to locate a direct phone number for the Hotel, I called and spoke with Britty. He took and the information, and stated that she would call me back. She not only called me back once, she called me three time. The last call she advised that she had checked the room, (801) herself after the guess checked out. We still have not located the ring.
But with people like Britty, it just makes it a little better.
Thank You Britty. ( I hope I spelled your name correctly.)

Room Tip: We were in room 801. It was great, quiet, and all needed items close by. Ice, vending, and laundry...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your kind words about a member of our team! Brittney is such a joy to work with and I am so happy that she was able to assist you at your time of need. Our goal is for each and every guest to have the best possible experience in our hotel where all expectations are exceeded by our staff. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to find your wedding ring. I will share your comments with Brittney about your appreciation of her service. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Baton Rouge and stayed at the Embassy Suites on a road trip from FL to TX. We decided to splurge and spend a little more money ($180) for the nice breakfast and pool for the kids. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Baton Rouge for less than half the cost on the way to FL and actually liked the hotel a lot better. The Embassy Suites needs a lot of updating! Not worth the price!

Stayed: January 2014

I would like to apologize for your disappointment in our property during your recent stay with us in January. You will be happy to know that there will be exciting new changes throughout the property that we hope you would come back to enjoy! We strive to maintain the quality atmosphere our guests expect and regret that you were not pleased with your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Not a single thing to complain about. The room was clean and very nice. The staff were very friendly. The bed was comfy. And the best thing is their "made to order" omelet bar and breakfast buffet in the beautiful atrium of the hotel. Every hotel should have a breakfast like this one. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Embassy Suites in Baton Rouge. It is also exciting to hear that you were able to enjoy the awesome amenities that we have to offer and look forward to having you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Embassy Suites while we were visiting family in Baton Rouge. This hotel was a quiet respite at the end of the day from the madness of a houseful of children and family relatives. The hotel was very clean, quiet, and decorated nicely. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of delicious food. I had something different each of the 3 days we were there. My husband enjoyed the high quality machines in the spa, recuperating from knee surgery. We never made it into the pool but it looked inviting, easy to find towels and a very good size. We would stay here agin!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I truly appreciate the time you took to share your satisfaction with your experience here at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Baton Rouge. Please accept my personal thanks for completing this review and we look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you to the Baton Rouge area.