La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area
Ranked #56 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
A TripAdvisor Member
Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Although the surrounding hotels charge up to double what I paid, I doubt a single one of them has beds half as comfortable, rooms as quiet, or staff as friendly and helpful! late checkout was great too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank linzk1229
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed at the hotel after a company party. The hotel was clean, comfortable, safe and located in a great location near several eating establishments. I will stay at this hotel again. I did not eat the breakfast but it looked good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is an older La Quinta but is in very good condition. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the office staff is very courteous, helpful, and considerate. The rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves in them but they do have a coffee maker. WIFI is strong and we didn't have any problems. The motel is close to downtown. The continental breakfast is about average. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globeseeker007
Reviewed 1 November 2012

JUST SEE FOR YOURSELF, and GIVE THEM A CHANCE! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
If you want ''New'' or ''Large'', go somewhere else! If you don't like a motel, tell the staff and give them a chance to 'fix it' before you write a bad post!!

If you expect an older building to produce an 'excellent & luxurious' place for you to stay, you should just move on down the road and pay more for what you want.

I wanted a clean, well-kept room for a low price. I wanted to park outside the door of my room so that I could keep an eye on my car and it's contents. I was only going to arrive late, 'sleep',and leave at leisure, so I didn't want to spend much money. THIS WAS THE PLACE!

I like to think I have found the 'hidden gem' when I got traveling! I also like to save money, but get a value comparable to what I spend! THIS IS IT !!

I saw the bad reviews from others, ......but I like to make my own decisions!! I like to judge for myself!! I don't require a spacious room and an 'almost new' motel room to get a good night's sleep, but I like La Quinta, so I searched for one of their less expensive motels. I had a choice of 3 different hotels in Baton Rouge, and I chose the less expensive!! I got EXACTLY what I expected, plus more!!!

I am well aware that people are usually grouchy, tired, and hard-to-please after a long day on the road. You GET what you PAY for, in almost any motel, independent or chain owned.

I also know many people that think every single La Quinta will look exactly alike, so they think they will find a $159 room for a 'cheap' price. Rent an expensive motel, then complain if you don't get what you expected. Rent an inexpensive motel, save some money, and get a good night's sleep! YOUR Choice!!

I stayed in THIS MOTEL LAST NIGHT!! The front desk lady was quite nice, and let me change my room preference to get a room where parking was available right at my front door!! Yes, the room was smaller than usual, but I was getting a real bargain price, and I was only sleeping there, .......so no problem! The bed was plush, and 'up to par' with all other La Quinta motels, with 3 pillows per person!

The sheets were crisp, the carpet was clean, and the large TV was really nice! The bathroom was spotless, and what others thought might be mold was NOT present in my room. There was every single feature available in my room as all other La Quinta motels. THERE WERE NO BUGS!

This motel is older. This motel has smaller rooms. The breakfast was smaller than other motels, but there was something for everyone. The employees were very friendly, nice, and cooperative. The room was clean and odor-free. The bathroom was spotless. You get what you pay for, so if you can't get comfortable in an older motel with smaller rooms, .........go somewhere else and spend more money!!

If you want to save money and still have dependable quality, stay here. It's a VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY!!. ......unless you are only interested in status!! I prefer quality!

Room Tip: Be open minded and you will save money, and get a nice room for less money! Grab It!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank txbx75456
Reviewed 26 October 2012

An older La Quinta, not quite up to snuff compared to other La Quintas on our trip. My troubles started when I opened the bedstand drawer to put my things inside, and found a great big dead cricket (I hope) inside. I photographed it, and took it out and dropped it into the toilet to flush it down. The toilet was a very lazy flusher, and it took four or five flushing attempts to get a good flush out of it that got rid of the cricket. Then I went back to the same drawer and opened it only to find a very live cockroach in it now. After picturing that and opening and closing the drawer several times, the cockroach disappeared, never to be seen again. Other room defects were minor after all that. I have to give it to the management, though; when I showed my pictures to the desk clerk on checking out, she apologized and immediately offered me a 50% drop in the room price, which I accepted.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank rendahl
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was the worst LaQuinta hotel I've ever stayed in. Our first room was so bad that we had to be moved. The second was even worse. The third was the closest to acceptable, but still not up to snuff. There was black mold in every room. The smell of mold and ammonia was very strong in this hotel. Everything was unplugged, all the lights, television, etc. There were prostitutes walking around the hotel grounds throughout the night. Needless to say, my family and I won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family