“Great Stay Great Price”

La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area
Ranked #58 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Good hotel at a decent price. Clean rooms friendly staff. We had nice comfortable beds and a so so breakfast. No hot waffles just the frozen sort but it was all included in the price. What a deal. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The first time we chose this LQ was proximity to a location for personal business in Baton Rouge. We were so impressed with the staff and accommodations that it has become our "second home" on trips between our home in Georgia and locations in Texas. An added benefit is a great BBQ restaurant, TJ's, directly across the street!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

wanted to spend the night in baton rouge following a concert rather than drive home late. this place was perfect. conveniently located, clean, friendly staff, free breakfast, great value. the room was large with a nice table and chairs and also a recliner. very comfortable.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

First off when I checked in the front desk clerk was not friendly never smiled, the hotel looks old when you pull up, when I got to my room the room was real small compared to other la Quintas, lamp shades were cracked, walls poorly patched and painted over, black mold like substances on ceiling , the sheets had black fuzz balls on them, the pool looks like it has not been vacumed in a while, breakfast nothing to talk about, when I checked out again the clerk was not friendly at all, If you need a room in this area and am use to nice La Quinta hotels stay away from this one and keep driving. I have seen Motel 6 that look allot nicer than this for allot less money.

Room Tip: Keep driving and stay away from this one
2  Thank ljsflorida
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Booked two rooms - one room smelled of heavy cigarette smoke (yrs worth whole room reeked). Office staff made excuses. Got a new room and spilt up traveling party.

One room did not have enough towels - one wash cloth for three people. Called office to bring towels and I was told I had to come to front office to pick them up.

Wifi is a joke! I had an access router in my room taking up space on desk and wall plug space for who knows what. One plug space left in desk area that had multi plug outlet box. Connection was bad, but at least I could reset access box by rebooting it by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Bathroom was disgustingly old and gross!

Then there is the issue of paper thin walls and noisy people talking loud at 2:30 in the morning. Family member was awoken before I was and said it had been loud for much longer. I called desk to have their Inadequate security guard quite them down to no avail. People were quite for 5 mins and then started back up. Yet I could hear a person pee in the next room. Another family ended up sleeping in car and I ended up in the lobby, to which I told the security the noise started back up. I was dismissed and more excuses were made.

This was a bad nightmare and WORST La Quinta ever! This motel had exterior doors, indicating this is an older motel/hotel.

This location should receive an 'F' rating. I'm a La Quinta member and will NEVER stay in Baton Rouge again; at least not at a La Quinta.

Stayed: February 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We came in town for a swim meet with 2 other families and 7 kids between us. We travel a lot for sports, so we are always looking for a bargain, but in a place that is safe and comfortable for the kids. This la Quinta nailed it, and the free breakfast was the icing on the cake. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a nurse at a hospital 2 miles away from this hotel and was required to shelter in place during the recent winter storm. Since the hospital was full, we had no where to sleep and no shower facilities. LaQuinta worked with the hospital gave us a discounted rate and even extended our check out times. The front desk staff were super nice and made the experience of having to be away from our families a tolerable one. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in the area. Next weather situation I will be making my reservation with La Quinta!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business