“Very Clean but rooms are small”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean but rooms are small”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a typical Microtel where the rooms are very small - really really small rooms! They are all like this so be prepared for it.

The room was clean - everything worked - internet not so great in fact non existent in peak hours.

Breakfast included hot grits and biscuits and gravy - not bad and the lady who puts it out is like having your grandma fix you cereal - she is as sweet as can be and might even give you a hug if you need one.

The pool is a micro pool to go with the micro rooms but hey its free and it was clean and no kids

They also provide outdoor bar-b-que grills for you to use if you want to which I thought was kind of neat - they are gas so no messing around. The area is typical strip mall kind of stuff - nothing great.

OK for a place to sleep

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Debbie A, Executive Assistant at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for both your positive and negative comments because we use all feedback to help us improve. While we take pride in the quality and cleanliness of our accommodations, we’ll recheck all rooms for overall cleanliness to make sure we’re meeting our usual standards. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations on this stay and hope you will try us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel with my fiancee and I. WE felt like royalty. The staff was friendly and helpful. I am going there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Debbie A, Executive Assistant at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay hope to see you again next time you are in Baton Rouge.
Erath, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am not one to ever write a hotel review; however, I want everyone to know what a FILTHY place this is. Roaches were crawling everywhere, and when we complained the manager told us the best he could do was give us $10 back!!!! the room looked like it was from the 70's. I didnt even want to walk around without shoes on! The staff members looked like they could use a bath themselves. I wanted to soak myself in clorox when we left. NEVER AGIN. EVER.

• Stayed May 2014
I want to apologize to you for your unpleasant stay. There is new ownership & management and we are working very hard on getting the property cleaned and upgraded. Hope maybe you will give us another chance next time you are in Baton Rouge.

Travellers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff were all very polite but the housekeeping left much to be desired. Because of the holiday we paid double the normal room charge. The floors left your feet black. The second day our beds looked like they had been made by a 5 yr old. Just barely pulled up and not neat in any way. The fridge was so iced up I spent an hour with a blow dryer before we could get the ice out and use the fridge. The sink in the kitchenette was stopped up and tried to run over. Over all a very unsatisfying stay. Luckily we weren't spending much time at the hotel. Also it was very noisy our overhead neighbors stomped back and forth all night.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room before checking in. Unfortunately we didn't have that option as ev...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Debbie A, Executive Assitant at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We do apologize for your unpleasant stay. We are under new ownership & management and are working very hard to get our housekeeping issues resolved. We hope you will give us another try if you are back in Baton Rouge.