All reviews sofa sleeper hotel staff free breakfast mall microwave sink interstate desk louisiana
Reviewed 25 June 2018

2nd stop of our drive from California to Florida. Needed a place to stay and most hotels in the area were booked - crazy. Wyndham properties are usually nice and this one was available. We weren't looking for location, just off the freeway. It had a pool, had we had time to enjoy the trip it would have been appreciated. Our room was basic. I did like the separate living space and that it was could be closed off by a door. There was a fridge to keep our drinks cold. Shower had all the necessities. Room was cool when we got in which was nice. It was clean enough for an overnight stay. I was pretty tired from the drive so may not have noticed more details that i would if i was staying for an extended stay. TV worked which is always important for me. Room smelled fine. There was a mall nearby, gas station right next door for snacks. I would recommend this spot for families for sure. For budget friendly folks for sure.

The doors to the rooms face the pool, so if you want a quieter stay ask for a room towards the end of the halls. Kids in the pool could be a bit noisy if you are sensitive to noise.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Alison P, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the 4 Star review and wonderful feedback! We love making our guest happy and I will make sure and share this positive feedback with our staff. Thank you so glad you enjoyed your time here at Wyndham Garden and would recommend to others!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a family trip, this hotel was great. The location was great and close to everything we wanted to see. Their staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was hot and good, the morning staff was great. The check in and check out process was so easy. The internet was a little slow but I can definitely overlook that. THIS WILL BE OUR PLACE TO STAY FROM NOW ON!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such kind words and the 5 Star review! Yes, our mission here at Wyndham Garden, Baton Rouge is to give the best possible guest experience one can receive when traveling away from home. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and have found the perfect Baton Rouge hotel! We are looking forward to providing you with another great guest experience during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love the location, up Bluebonnet from the two places that I had to be. Very convenient, just off the interstate. But it looks and feels like an old timey hotel, the couch was stained, and in general, it just needs a nice face lift. Don't get a room by the pool in the summer, as it is noisy until closing time. But it functioned nicely as a sleeping place. But I might not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alison P, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for the review. We are couldn't agree more that our location is unbeatable. We apologize for not meeting your expectations in other areas we strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Your feedback will help us improve.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I would recommend this property. I felt safe there and enjoyed the very clean room and property. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was close to the interstate and everywhere we needed to be. Will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with the rest of our team, and be sure to recognize them for their efforts!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

My family has stayed at this hotel many times hoping that the next stay would be better but it continues to disappoint. I don't know how many more chances I can give them? This time the problems with our room and stay were, the fridge didn't work and was told it would be fixed but no one ever fixed it. There was no bedding for the sofa bed even though our party had 5 people in it. We had to wait over two hours to get a pillow for the sofa bed. The duvet cover on one bed had a large tear in it which looked ugly. The toilet kept wanting to clog up. The breakfast was terrible. On the first morning, they ran out of everything except for cereal and I had to ask for milk due to there being no milk left in the container. The worst part is breakfast was still open for two more hours. On the 2nd day, I decided to get some coffee and noticed there was some items left so we decided to eat. There was very little left and no restocking of anything. We did get lucky and were able to get a little food. I have stayed at many Wyndham Hotels and I am very disapointed with this hotel being a Wyndham Hotel. This location does not meet the standards of a Wyndham Hotel. I really hope that someone improves things with it. This location is in need of a remodel.

1  Thank 4mygrls

First and foremost, thank you for your most recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties which you experienced during your stay. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you when your travels return you to Baton Rouge.