Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed concierge level. Staff was friendly and very good at check-in. Disappointed we didn't have a bathtub on the concierge level. They ran out of food one night -- service was supposed to be from 5-7 pm and at 6 pm they were out of food and never got anymore. Breakfast was good each day. Room was very clean. Fitness center is one of the best at any hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jrbdad
CrownePlaza_BR, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I understand that you would have preferred to have room with a tub and shower rather than one with only a shower. Some of the rooms on the fifth floor do have bathtubs. Please request one of these when you return.

I apologize that the concierge lounge ran out of food one evening. This does not happen often, but occasionally the volume in the lounge is much higher than anticipated. We have made some changes to our procedures to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for your comments about the fitness center. We realize how important it is to our guests to maintain their workout routines while away from home.

Kathy Baker

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just stayed for a symposium. This place looks like something out of a bad horror flick from the 90's. The entre staff is clueless. Check in was a nightmare, they were over-booked and many got turned away. The entire place smells - BAD. Moldy, stained carpet, faulty A/C. Nobody cared when I complained and I was told the hotel was full and they couldn't move me. One manager said to go stay somewhere else because they had plenty of people waiting for my room. I would never stay there again even for free.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Abby1957_12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Abby1957_12,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 9 March 2012

The staff at this hotel are wonderful. They really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lele2u
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've been traveling many years and stayed at many fine hotels, The Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The reason - The entire hotel staff is incredible... They treat you like family and cannot do enough for you.

The rooms are immaculate, the 5th floor concierge is an incredible value added service with a cocktail hour and snacks in the the late afternoon, and breakfast in the morning.

The restaurant has a pretty broad menu and the food is prepared fresh and to order - no need to look outside to eat because the food is great. The bar has a warm and friendly atmosphere and its easy to kick back and make new friends.

One thing people overlook is the integrity of employees, On more than one occasion I left jewelry, clothing and personal items only to be called by housekeeping that they have it, and holding it for me for safe keeping.

I highly reccommend this hotel, its more than a hotel, you'll find it's more of a "home"tel

Room Tip: ask for the concierge...the service is incredible.. also a poolside room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank pwmcnamee
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I was looking for a banquet hall, and instead of allowing my event to be held in a room that WAS open, they instead refused to give it to me because they said that a body building contest that was going on next door is MORE important. I mean really?!!! This was one for the LARGEST room!

I guess my money/business is NOT important to you.
Dismissed!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EverythingisAwesomee
CrownePlaza_BR, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Our goal at the Crowne Plaza is to provide the best in service and product for our customers. To that end, we take great care to endure that we can deliver what we promise. While we are honored and appreciative that people want to hold events in our space, and we never want to turn away business, we must respect our customers and avoid situations that will prevent the success of events booked at our hotel.

In the case mentioned in the post, the hotel was already contracted with a group for a lifting competition. The combination of the proposed event the contracted event would have caused a conflict that would have been disruptive to both groups. In addition, the level of sound from the combination could have disturbed the guests in the adjacent sleeping rooms. We were unable to accommodate both groups and one was already under contract.

Kathy Baker
Director of Sales
Crowne Plaza-Baton Rouge

Reviewed 30 November 2011

This hotel is a delight, the staff is outstanding and the rooms and other facilities are well designed. I stay here often for business, and the rooms are always well stocked with towels and extremely clean. The fitness center is amazingly beautiful as well. They have enough elevators so you're not standing around waiting on one elevator. They're constantly in motion. This crowne plaza is nicer then ones I've visited elsewhere. Not like a crowne plaza at all...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank allyxandria
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge for a routine business meeting. The room was very comfortable but the kids that stayed next door kept me up for my last nite. But overall a great place to stay and a the staff was great. If you decide to stay at the Crown Plaza look for Whinfield Banks he will go the extra mile to take care of you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business