“Good Choice for Families”

Homewood Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here on a recent trip to Mississippi and Louisiana. The lobby was fairly small, but warm and welcoming. Our suite was not huge, but well-laid out and plenty spacious for our family of three. They served dinner the night we were there, but didn't eat it--had plans to go elsewhere--but we did enjoy the complimentary wine and beer. Breakfast the next morning was good...especially the scrambled eggs (these were much better than the usual free hotel breakfast!). The location is also good...close to fantastic shopping, restaurants, and LSU campus. All in all, a solid choice for lodging in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: Our room was at the opposite end of the hall from the elevator, and it was a VERY long walk...next t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MimifromBama
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Baton Rouge

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the area. The location was completely easy to find off the interstate. We arrived around 4:45 pm and were told to wait while they checked to see if our room was ready. Of course I was a bit annoyed because check-in time is 4:00. Still, I waited patiently and was finally told our room was ready. When we got off the elevator at the third floor we immediately knew this was an older Homewood. The halls were dated and the door handles looked rusty. Still, when we opened the door to our 2 bedroom suite we were delighted by the size of room. The living room was a bit small but the overall size was a welcome relief after traveling together in an SUV.

The evening reception was nice. We got there late but there was salad, chicken breast, oatmeal cookies and beverages left (which included wine and draft beer). The employee who served the reception and our housekeeper were both completely friendly and very helpful. These are the only employees during our 2 day stay that I can compliment. Everyone else was lackluster and could care less.

When our toilet clogged the front desk employee was basically like, come and get the plunger yourself. As regular guests of Homewood I knew that was not the way these sort of situations are normally handled. The beds were just ok and the rooms were relatively clean. Still, the only way I would stay at this hotel again is if the Residence Inn is full or tremendously overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dwbaisden
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband and I stayed ther a few nights right after Christmas. As avid travellers who consistently frequent Homewood Suites, we were extremely underwhelmed. While we experienced a clean room, it had an odor. The staff wasnt rude, but I'd hardly call them friendly. The breakfast was hastily prepared and missing key additions so that afterwards you probably will need to eat out if you want to get full. Guess waffles are too much of an expense so they load you up on cereal and grapes.
Usually you feel like your patronage is welcomed, next trip we will definitely stay someplace else.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Joxley
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I have stayed here many times because I travel to Baton Rouge on business frequently. It is a great facility, the food is good, etc. but this time while all the above is still true the internet was almost non-existent. The people in the lobby tell me that they are working to improve it, but I won't stay here again until I have internet. SLOW INTERNET!

Room Tip: Maybe close to the lobby
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Check in was quick, fast and friendly. The food is fair--eggs, biscuits and meat. The rooms have comfortable beds, flat screens and internet. Internet--barely. It is very slow and bogged down. Most of the staff is above average. My biggest dislikes were the lack of side wheelchair space/rooms-- had to go in to the front and travel all the way around. Asked for extended checkout and was given an hour--the hotel was dead too-- and I believed that being Diamond status would give me some extra time-- a firm 1 hour only. Also, since I had to leave my room I had to bring the family bags while waiting to be picked up 1.5 hours later-- no place to store the bags. The lady from the first night was terrific but the staff, especially the night staff was bland and dull. Also, don't plan on using the Business Center--it is 2 tables/chairs with 2 old computers. I could not use the center to print off documents due that 2 minors were in there 6-7 hours per day, unsupervised. This place needs some strong leadership to keep everything together. Family--yes, business traveler/road warrior--there are many other properties that want your money and will serve you better. The Manager here is: Cherri Kieschnick --(Cherri.Kieschnick@hilton.com)and the Asst. Manager is: Regina Singleton

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and away from travel areas-- Pick rooms 108 to 120. Second floor there is a laun...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had a two double bed suite. Overall the suite was very nice size with plenty of room for all four people staying. The rooms were clean and tidy and the staff was very nice and courteous. The breakfast was very nice both days we stayed. The area that the hotel was in was convenient for everything we wished to do and seemed to be a good 'neighborhood' - one of our party walked down to the local mall without any qualms. The rooms were quiet as well (though we were not there during a terribly busy time, was an away game that weekend). The air conditioning was just fine in our room, you could get it cold enough to need a blanket.

The only complaint I have is that I had an expectation that "two double beds" meant queens. However, I must admit it does -not- say two queen beds. The beds on the dbl bed suite are only full beds. So be aware of that. The couch sleeper saved that from being a total nightmare though.

Room Tip: Be aware that double bed suites are full size beds only
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed at this property for both business in the BR area and LSU home games. You could not find a better location with great shopping within 2 miles, restaurants and the expressway equally as close. Anything you need is right there! Many restaurants within walking distance as well as a bookstore and movie theatre.
The staff is wonderful. They even address you by name! They could not be more helpful.
The complimentary breakfast is the perfect way to start your day. They keep it up and never seem to run out of food, even on game days! The menu changes daily.
The rooms are wonderful with 2 double beds and a fold out couch, you can easily accommodate a family of 5. Kitchen is great with full refrigerator, stove top and microwave.
I have stayed at many hotels in the Baton Rouge area in the past 20+ years. There is not a better property then this Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family