“Average Accommodations in a Good Location”

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel
Ranked #54 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having never been to Baton Rouge or anywhere in Louisiana for that matter, we found the hotel on a website and booked our 3 night stay. The most cost effective rooms that were listed and that which we booked were not nice. There was lingering smoke from previous guests and the room had not been cleaned well. There was debris on the carpet and it appeared that it had not vacuumed. So we went to the front desk and the only other option was to pay an additional $25.00 per night to upgrade. We were assigned another room in the main building over the lobby/lounge area. This room was quite warm when we entered so we turned on the air conditioning and within moments, the carpet was wet near the air conditioning. We called the front desk and were given yet another room. Three rooms in less than 3 hours. The outside pool and hot tub (or maybe it was a kiddie pool?) were drained and roped off. The breakfast buffet was good and the servers were nice. The elderly hostess at the breakfast buffet restaurant said she had been there for many, many years. She was very sweet. The hotel itself is in need of upgrades and it appears that some of that is going on. Decent place to stay for the money. Close to major roads.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Rhonda W,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our breakfast buffet and appreciate your kind words meant for our staff.

However, it is regretful that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your room accommodation. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider taking actions for improvement and avoid the same incident from happening in the future.

Though we would have preferred you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Faith R

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed there over the weekend and the facility is absolutely beautiful. My husband and I were greeted with friendly smiles from the moment we walked in. The front desk girl Kayla was so nice when she checked us in and even recommended local restaurants to try. Just for the welcoming experience i will come back again and recommend this hotel to others thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Overall an adequate accommodation, but was irritated that when checking out that I could NOT get a copy of my bill. I asked the young man at the desk and he said I could not have a copy and had to get it from the booking company. Asked for even a Xerox copy and he refused. I have yet to get a copy of the bill, even from the booking company.

Entrance to the hotel was nice with very attractive flowers but when going through the lobby to the rooms the exit door in back had a piece of cardboard taped in the lower window….and appeared to have been there for some time. Outside, the cigarette can was full of cigarettes and did not appear to have been cleaned recently. Going up the stairs to the room the banister had come lose from its support. The room was clean and adequate but although it was listed as a no smoking room, it had been smoked in. I mentioned it to the manager and she offered to immediately send up a maintenance man to remedy the problem but I told her it did not bother me that much and I just wanted to let her know. She was most responsive. She was not available at 0530 when I checked out and could not get a bill (nor did i expect her to be there). Other than the issue with the bill, all the other staff were most friendly and helpful. The hotel just seemed dated and in need of a renovation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Minton T,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad to know that you found your stay adequate and the hotel staff highly commendable.

I regret to know that you were not issued a copy of your bill. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, accommodated all our needs, only bad thing I have to say was the heated pool was broke and was not heated. Breakfast buffet was great and delicious rooms were great! Clean smelled nice everything was up to par. We asked for extra pillows and got it.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean room with nice furniture (no stains, always nice). The wi-fi in our room was horrible. I gave up on my netflix movie on my iPad after about ten lost connections. But the area is quiet and convenient to the highway. I would stay here again, but ask for a room with better wi-fi signal.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just stayed here one night, on way to NOLA, and got a very good price on-line (by taking an "express deal" by the large hotel discounter). Really appreciate that they were the hotel we "booked" (not being sure which one it would be). , because hotel was clean, beds very comfortable. Staff helpful. Nice looking indoor and outdoor pool, but we didn't have time. Did not try the on-site restaurant. Parking convenient, and we like it's location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear LK R,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provide. One of the greatest rewards is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Dhan M

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed in Hotels all over the world for often times months on end while on assignment. I am no fan of the Holiday Inn & Intercontinental Hotel System after years of loyalty to them when they did me wrong & confiscated nearly one million points from me several years ago. I would not stay in their hotels if you paid me to anymore. However, I can say nothing & mean nothing bad about this hotel, period. I stayed here a few years ago & the management & staff was superb, caring, understanding, helpful, attentive to detail, & more than anything sincerely friendly. Who cares if there was no Holidome to swim in here & I have swam in many. You do not go to Baton Rouge to swim, you go to enjoy the people, the food, & maybe even some of the scenery. The people were great here, the food was fantastic, the service was excellent, the location was good & easy enough to get in & out of. When you are on the road, working 7 days a week, 16-20 hours a day, for months at a time in one location it is easy to find something wrong with the location you are staying with. However, regardless of what I have to say about Holiday Inn system in general these days, I can say nothing but good about this hotel & its in house management. Oh, & did I tell you, the food was really good & the chef talked too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2014

Thank you so much for your stay with our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and want to ensure you that we are working hard to provide great service to our valued guest such as yourself. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you!