“Nice stay”

Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
Ranked #45 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came in for a work event and had a nice stay. Just a little noisy out the window, but most hotels are. Comfortable bed, room was unique and nice. Staff seemed nice, location was good. No cause for complaint!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'd like to start by saying I am a lifetime Marriott Gold Elite - likely close to lifetime Platinum but frankly have my doubts I will make it. Marriott has been my brand of choice but I can no longer support the Courtyard brand. Due to Hilton proximity to my office, I am also a Hilton Gold Elite (on my way to Diamond) having spent many nights at a Hilton Garden Inn providing the opportunity for comparison. As a Hilton Gold, I receive breakfast at EVERY Hilton property including HGI. Courtyard does not. HGI provides free coffee and tea service in their lobby and rooms - Courtyard has coffee in the rooms but charges for tea and coffee in the lobby. Generally speaking I find HGI generally to be 5-15% less expensive. I am staying at the Courtyard Baton Rouge, Seigen Lane and am only on my computer because of my mobile hot-spot (my cost) and dished out not only $9.00 for a glass of wine (ok - not unique to Marriott) but when I asked for tea, as mentioned above $2. Will the $2 kill me? No - but it's the feeling of being nickled and dimed that really irritates me. After being unable to get online with my C or IPAD I called the lobby only to be informed that WIFI is "A little spotty in your room" - would have been nice to know this BEFORE I checked in and as a lifetIime Gold Elite why would they not make sure I had a room wherein no complaints were lodged??? I have stayed less and less at Courtyard and regret my stay here tonight. This brand doesn't know what it wants to be - it certainly has ceased serving my needs. REALLY disaointed

Room Tip: Consider other options - I stayed here while many in my group stayed at HI Express which had working...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank StanA1958
CourtyardSiegenLnGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our the survey with trip advisor and sharing your experience about the Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane.

You indicated in your response that your entire stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a convenient spot for me on recent business trip. Staff was excellent and the room was clean. Traffic noise was a bit loud on the side of the hotel that I stayed, so if you can, get a room away from the freeway/highway side and you'll sleep better. I was originally booked at the other Courtyard and discovered this one to be closer to my appointments and the staff helped me to cancel it without penalty. Close to nearby chain restaurants for an inexpensive quick bite and breakfast was good. The panty area has an assortment of cold beer and other beverages by the front desk and that is a plus in my book!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt C
CourtyardSiegenLnGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a response on trip advisor and sharing your experience about the Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane.

You indicated in your response that the noise level from the interstate was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I travel a lot for business (over 70 nights a year) all over the country. It used to be a safe bet that any Courtyard would be a good place to stay. Now I have to reconsider that theory. This place couldn't do anything right. First they took forever to get my reservation pulled up and code the room keys. Upon getting into my room, I discovered they put me within an earshot of the highway so back down to get a different room, more waiting. Then the toilet backed up (my bad) which remained that way until I checked out despite repeated attempts to get it fixed. The fitness center is an absolute joke. There are three machines with a waiting line to be used. for this size hotel, that is woefully inadequate. People wanting to use the pool area were repelled by the overwhelming chlorine smell, a clear sign the pool is over done with chemicals. When I checked out, the manager knew I had problems throughout my stay and asked "can we get you a free Coke or maybe some extra points" I said no. If you knew I had problems then why not just give me the free Coke and extra points without me having to ask.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BackinNY

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for five nights on business. Hotel room was comfortable and the staff was always friendly. The area is filled with shopping and restaurants (mostly chains), so more than adequate for the business traveler. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardSiegenLnGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are very happy you have enjoyed your stays with us. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience and it is great to hear when we have succeeded. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My son wanted a different kind of Birthday Party and the Courtyard was happy to have us stay and did not that we would host a Birthday pool party. The staff was helpful and very polite. First time to stay in a hotel so close to home. The rooms were as you'd expect at a Marriott property.

Room Tip: If making reservations ask for a room with a balcony if you like to sit outside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randy S

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This this was the 3rd time I had stayed here in 3 months. The staff are always friendly and professional. Generous size rooms. Comfortable bed. Nice breakfast facility. If you are in and out if a Baton Rouge, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardSiegenLnGM, General Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Terry G,