“good value, nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“good value, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I usually stay at a different hotel in Baton Rouge but this one pleasantly surprised me. Very friendly staff upon check-in and the bistro in the morning. Rooms were clean, could use a little updating, but overall what you'd expect at this price point. Most pleasing was the upgraded internet experience. Very good connection speeds for a Courtyard, and the hotel seemed fairly full. The intersection were this hotel is located is a nightmare at rush hour, so don't plan on getting out easily then. But, as a business traveler, I'd recommend this hotel, it was a solid experience and seemed well managed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. I'm happy that you noticed our recent internet speed upgrade. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is my first night here and have been treated very nice. Our room is nice and the guest service downstairs is very good. I asked for tissue because I couldn't find any in my room and they gave me a whole unopened box of Kleenex not scratch and sniff that usually comes in a hotel room. I asked for a cup of coffee and Gary fixed me a great cup of coffee and bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. So far so "Good" -- I did have a hard time finding hotel because the GPS sent me across the highway to other hotel.

Room Tip: I just got here today and have not slept here so I can't judge that yet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Deb J
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again. Thank you!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

First, I would like to say we are two college girls passing through Louisiana on our way back home for spring break. When we first arrived at our room, we were greeted by some not so nice looking people from the adjacent room. It was two african american males and one latina female. Once in the room we noticed the toilet hadn't been flushed and was filled with you don't even want to know. Was pretty shocked and disgusted to see that in our supposedly clean hotel room. We also opened the door that connects our room to theirs, which we noticed a towel lying at the bottom of the door. It was obvious they were trying to prevent us from hearing the activities in their room. We went out for dinner later and when we returned the neighbors were STILL standing outside their hotel room door. We said "hello" first as to not make things awkward while they were watching us open our room. Throughout the night we continued to hear noises from outside our room and noticed that there were always several guys walking around. One guy was always standing by the ice machine area as if he were "keeping watch". I would also like to mention that these guys were very sketchy looking wearing black, sagged pants, and other such attire. Then the SCARIEST, creepiest thing of the night happened when THEY KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR SEVERAL TIMES!!! We ignored it. It is obvious that the management here doesn't keep track of who walks in and out of this hotel and we have NEVER felt this unsafe in a hotel. We wanted to leave the hotel because we had a terrible feeling in our guts and genuinely felt SCARED. But as two college girls with nothing to protect ourselves we didn't feel safe to leave the room. I am currently writing this while still in the hotel room so to recall the events as clearly as possible. Point is, my doors are all locked, we felt (still feel) extremely SCARED and UNSAFE.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Holly998
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I'm very sorry for what you experienced during your stay. We have staff at the hotel 24 hours. I wish we had the opportunity to fix this issue. We never received a phone call from you regarding this. It is our standard to immediately take care of these issues when notified. Our hotel is located in a very safe area and we never have any issues regarding security. Please accept our apologies.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stay was very nice, rooms are clean and staff very friendly and helpful.

It was nice to have the bistro open for breakfast( which is not included) but they do have Starbucks coffee.

Rooms are nice sized and updated modern style.

Staying here was not bad for business travels.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Can't put my finger on it, but this really feels and looks like a hotel that needs an update, both physically and staffwise. When we checked in, there were no shampoo or soap in the room. The next day when we got back to the room at 530ish, the room had not had hk service. Throw in stains on hallway carpet and paint peeling on the walls, and you got a sense that Marriott needs to step in and renovate the hotel plus retrain some employees.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. It is not our standard and we will do everything we can to ensure that doesn't happen again.
North Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Visited for 2 nights. Nice clean room, don't think the rooms have been updated recently, but for the price was fine. Location was good, and service was excellent. I would stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed one night for business. Good Courtyard - what you would expect from Marriott. Close to restaurants and highway. Be sure to stay on the courtyard side as the other backs up to I10. Would easily stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Josh W, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We are happy you chose our hotel and thank you for your comments. It's great hearing that you enjoyed your stay.