“Will go back again this year!”
Review of Ridgeback House

Ridgeback House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Windmeul
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of October for my father's 80th birthday celebration. The rooms were large, very clean and well appointed. The breakfast was ample and delicious. Vanessa and her team were so friendly and helpful. The birthday lunch at the restaurant for 18 people was the best ever. The Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs were beautiful too. The view, the service, the food.....why stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ridgeback House

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed with Vanessa and her lovely dogs at our trip to Cape Town. Ridgeback house is an absolutely beautiful place to stay at if you visit Paarl. Fantastic view from the balcony and excellent wine tasting at the tasting room!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Lovely guest house with spectacular views. Breakfast each morning was outstanding and the staff were very attentive to all of my needs. Location was great as it wasn't too far away from the city. I look forward to my next visit and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Seldom have I found a host as caring and accommodating as Vanessa. She goes out of her way to assure you are cared for and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed the transfer back in time when I stayed in a room that was generations old yet well kept and comfortable. The kitchen produced a wonderful dinner and breakfast and all of this = a great find and good value. I would return and I commend it strongly to those want to relax and be refreshed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We only stayed 2 nights as we did not have time for longer, sadly. Very nice. Friendly and helpful people all round; I was a little unwell with flu and all were very kind. Beautiful setting on working wine farm with lovely walks amongst the laden vines. Great breakfasts. Fabulous wines for tasting and drinking. Terrific value. Easy access to Paarl for eating out in fine restaurants, and hostess Vanessa is full of useful advice and suggestions. A few small gripes: we stayed in the "honeymoon" suite and the passage light shone through the window above the door and reflected off the mirror into our eyes when in bed, even when dim. And security lights outside somehow always managed to shine through a crack in curtains. I am very sensitive to light. A feather pillow each would have been a nice but not necessary touch. There was also too much scented air freshener in the room. But we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend Ridgeback House.

Room Tip: If sensitive to light and you prefer a very dark room, avoid "honeymoon suite"
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed two nights at Ridgeback House and it was very pleasant.
In the morning I had the opportunity to see and to take pictures of the grapes harvested in the fields. 'Hands on' if you like to.....
Breakfasts are served in a very nice and big dining room (loved the Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot preserves on toast). Very nice appointed lounge with big sofas and wing-chairs.
Wines are of very good quality. Vanessa is a very friendly host and she and her team are very helpful. We liked the snacks served with our pre-dinner glass of wine.

Room Tip: We stayed in the larger (honeymoon) room which is very big with very large bathroom (bath and shower...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at Ridgeback House two years ago and decided to spend some time again there. It is quite easy to travel around, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek being at 30 minutes away drive. And this place is so relaxing, exactly what I needed! Staying there again was like staying home. Vanessa took again extremely good care of me, spoiling me with what I like for breakfast and organizing a delicious dinner for me (highly appreciated as some guest houses doesn't offer it...).

The house is an old farm house with all the charm and the character of this kind of house but having been transformed for our comfort. I had the honeymoon room again, very clean and comfortable, very good price for value. I also enjoyed very relaxing moments around the pool and at the wine tasting house (some very good wines there). I don't remember if it was available in the past but there is free WiFi.

I can only recommend Ridgeback House and should you need anything, I am sure that Vanessa will organize it for you as she did for me. Thanks so much for this memorable stay, it is a proper different experience from the anonymous hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank msa72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windmeul
De Leeuwenhof Hotel/Guesthouse
Perle-du-Cap Private Suite Estate
Goedemoed Country Inn
Goedemoed Country Inn
#7 of 14 in Paarl

Been to Ridgeback House? Share your experiences!