“iffy at first but ended up good”

SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 25 February 2013

When we walked in the staff was very friendly and the hotel looked very nice and clean.We had a fast check in and headed up to the room.When we got to the room the room itself was nice but it had a horrible smell to it.so we called the front desk and they were prompt and courteous to fix the situation which I really appreciated!Michelle at the front desk was so nice and helpful!So we moved rooms and everything was great!The complimentary breakfast gave many options both days which was nice.Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Joshua R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Lousiana Downs! As a frequent traveler myself I can understand how stepping into a room that had an unpleasant odor would make for a questionable first impression. I am thrilled that Michelle was able to quickly remedy the problem. It is always exciting to read when a team member has been able to leave a wonderful impression on our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

At first glance the hotel looks nice. Our room had some nice modern touches. The carpet had stains everywhere. The walls , tile and doors were stained. The maids cart never moved our whole stay. , so they Probally don't use it much. A deep cleaning could make this hotel a different place. Walls are super thin, could here the people above me walking, the tv next door and the cars outside.
This hotel is off the beaten path from all the casinos and the river walk. They should have shuttles so people don't have to drive.
Check in was nice and smooth.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank candegurrl25

Thank you for staying at SpringHill Suites Louisiana Downs and taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your honest feedback and have shared your comments with our team. We do provide 24 hour shuttle service to and from Harrah's Casino which is located right next door. I can guarantee you that our housekeeping team works around the clock to ensure the highest level of cleanliness. We are in the process of replacing our carpets and addressing all other areas that commonly occur in a hotel that experiences high occupancy year round. It is not uncommon to see a maid cart at the end of the hall as it is there for our team members who tranisition from floor to floor. It is our standard that all housekeeping carts are pulled into the room that is being serviced so they do not become obstacles for our guests in the hall. I am not surprised this is the only cart you saw during your stay but would like to assure you again that our housekeeping team was hard at work during your time with us.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

From the door to the room all awesome!! the person who made my reservation Sara-beth to the all the staff- wonderful courteous!! the rooms are fantastic- microwave, and mini fridge!! Perfect at no extra charge, comp wi-fi - All wonderful - lines are fresh!! they smell so good-bed is comfortable!! complimentary breakfast in the a.m. I would stay here again and will tell all my friends. Also, very safe to travel alone!! I am just moving here- kudos to my new town!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! It is always a delight when I get to read one of our team member's mentioned by name. It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests. I am so excited Sarabeth was able to do that for you. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and though you have moved to the area we do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The first and second stay here,... no eggs, no coffee, horrible stay both times. Rude workers at breakfast buffet. Rude to others who would ask for anything. The hotel is clean, pool good for kids if the chorine was not floating at top of pool. The Holiday Inn across the street is a better stay for breakfast and costs less for rooms

Room Tip: Stay at Holiday Inn across the street if you prefer a decent breakfast with no hassle and rudeness
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy F
Joshua R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and giving your honest feedback. As the General Manager I review all comments and reviews relating to our property because it is my goal, as it is our teams goal to be the very best! We strive to achieve products and services for our guest that create memorable moments and above all else a "excellent" stay for ALL of our guests. I appreciate you for ranking us "excellent" in areas of cleanliness, location, and rooms as we work very hard to ensure we maintain a clean property and rooms our guest can enjoy as their own. I was very disappointed to read that you felt our breakfast attendants were rude and did not accomodate your requests. Our breakfast hours are 6:30am - 9:00am Monday thru Friday and 7:00am - 10:00am on Saturday and Sunday. It is not routine for us to shut down breakfast anytime within those hours and I apologize that you experienced this during your time with us. I have shared this review with our Breakfast team to ensure this never be the case moving forward. Our breakfast team are highly and consistently praised and recognized for their amazing hospitality. To hear that they were rude is shocking and I can guarantee that this is not the normal level of service our guests recieve. I understand how frustrating this experience must have been. I do hope that you will choose to stay at our property in the future so that you may experience the great service for which we are known!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Room not as big as Marriott Hotel but value is exceptional- friendly staff, great breakfast buffet. Room was clean and staff (front desk/housekeeping) made every effort to make stay pleasant. Parking area is close and well lit. Amenities are not 5 star quality but neither is the price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Trav2586

Thank you for taking time to review our property! Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you found our team to be accomodating and that they made every effort to ensure your time with us was pleasant. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott prides itself on being known for its style and space and being "beautifully priced." Our guest rooms are all suites with a lounge area complete with a sectional sofa and office area along with a comfortable sleeping area. Our bathrooms are complete with granite finishes and a separate vanity area. I hope that all of our guests find great value in the price paid at our property! Thank you again for your comments and please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

This is a great hotel complex, located about two blocks from Lousiana Downsis affliated with Harrahs. The front desk staff was very attentive and very helpful with local information. Rooms are spacious and well tended with the amenities you will need. Complimentary breakfast is better than most and would definetly stay here again. The pool and fitness center are a major plus and easy to get to off the interstate. A bit from town, but easy to access all the local attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator but not right off. The ding-dong at night can be a bit too much..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

It is always a joy to hear when our guests have a great experience! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The SpringHill Suites team works very hard with one common goal... To provide memorable experiences to ALL of our guests. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our wonderful amenities and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel is not up to the standards you would expect from a Marriott property. The carpet in the room was very dirty / stained and was in need of replacement. The breakfast was pathetic (bananas were rotten). Only highlight was the friendly and helpful staff. We travel frequently for business and personal travel and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matzner5

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. As a frequent traveler I understand how the stained carpet can impact your stay. We are in the process of replacing and repairing carpet in all of our rooms. All of our carpet, in rooms and public areas are cleaned reguarly by professional cleaners. Though we cannot hide stains I can assure you that they are cleaned regulary. Thank you so much for mentioning our wonderful team here at SpringHill Suites Louisiana Downs. Our property is well known for our fantastic team and I am so thrilled that you got to experience that southern hospitality first hand. I have shared your review with our breakfast team so that we can ensure we are only placing the best quality of food out for our guests. It is extremely important to me as the General Manager to ensure all of our guests have an amazing experience from start to finish. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.