“Perhaps the friendliest staff of any hotel I have ever encountered...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs

SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Phoenix, AZ
“Perhaps the friendliest staff of any hotel I have ever encountered...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I travel to Shreveport to visit my other half frequently, and this hotel is always my home away from home.

From the minute you walk through the door, you are greeted with hospitality that is almost unheard of now. Rooms are comfortable, and provide all of the things you need to ensure a great stay...

-Free WiFi
-Free hot breakfast
-Fridge & Microwave
-Sofa, work desk and comfortable beds.

While there is no restaurant on site, there is a grocery store within a 5 minute drive, as well as several local eateries and the Harrah's Casino next door with a few options of their own. While I have personally always felt the slots at this casino are very tight, it does provide some entertainment if you simply want an evening out, and drinks are free on the casino floor.

My most recent stay was for four days, and each time I passed the front desk, not only was I greeted warmly, but was even addressed by name.

To be honest, my actual destination when in the area is near Texarkana, roughly an hour and a half north, but I choose to stay in Shreveport simply because I have yet to find a hotel that makes me feel as welcome as these folks do every time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank phxflyguy1978

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Hotel is located right next to casino and racetrack. Room looked right out to the track and I enjoyed watching the horses practice. Employees are so friendly and the breakfast and food was great. Seating is tight so go early. Will stay at this hotel in the future you can't beat the service from front desk and other staff.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Frog7798
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

When we walked in the staff was very friendly and the hotel looked very nice and clean.We had a fast check in and headed up to the room.When we got to the room the room itself was nice but it had a horrible smell to it.so we called the front desk and they were prompt and courteous to fix the situation which I really appreciated!Michelle at the front desk was so nice and helpful!So we moved rooms and everything was great!The complimentary breakfast gave many options both days which was nice.Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Lousiana Downs! As a frequent traveler myself I can understand how stepping into a room that had an unpleasant odor would make for a questionable first impression. I am thrilled that Michelle was able to quickly remedy the problem. It is always exciting to read when a team member has been able to leave a wonderful impression on our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
The Colony, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

At first glance the hotel looks nice. Our room had some nice modern touches. The carpet had stains everywhere. The walls , tile and doors were stained. The maids cart never moved our whole stay. , so they Probally don't use it much. A deep cleaning could make this hotel a different place. Walls are super thin, could here the people above me walking, the tv next door and the cars outside.
This hotel is off the beaten path from all the casinos and the river walk. They should have shuttles so people don't have to drive.
Check in was nice and smooth.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank candegurrl25
Thank you for staying at SpringHill Suites Louisiana Downs and taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your honest feedback and have shared your comments with our team. We do provide 24 hour shuttle service to and from Harrah's Casino which is located right next door. I can guarantee you that our housekeeping team works around the clock to ensure the highest level of cleanliness. We are in the process of replacing our carpets and addressing all other areas that commonly occur in a hotel that experiences high occupancy year round. It is not uncommon to see a maid cart at the end of the hall as it is there for our team members who tranisition from floor to floor. It is our standard that all housekeeping carts are pulled into the room that is being serviced so they do not become obstacles for our guests in the hall. I am not surprised this is the only cart you saw during your stay but would like to assure you again that our housekeeping team was hard at work during your time with us.
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

From the door to the room all awesome!! the person who made my reservation Sara-beth to the all the staff- wonderful courteous!! the rooms are fantastic- microwave, and mini fridge!! Perfect at no extra charge, comp wi-fi - All wonderful - lines are fresh!! they smell so good-bed is comfortable!! complimentary breakfast in the a.m. I would stay here again and will tell all my friends. Also, very safe to travel alone!! I am just moving here- kudos to my new town!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! It is always a delight when I get to read one of our team member's mentioned by name. It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests. I am so excited Sarabeth was able to do that for you. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and though you have moved to the area we do hope you will visit us again soon.
Calhoun
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

The first and second stay here,... no eggs, no coffee, horrible stay both times. Rude workers at breakfast buffet. Rude to others who would ask for anything. The hotel is clean, pool good for kids if the chorine was not floating at top of pool. The Holiday Inn across the street is a better stay for breakfast and costs less for rooms

Room Tip: Stay at Holiday Inn across the street if you prefer a decent breakfast with no hassle and rudeness
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tammy F
Joshua R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and giving your honest feedback. As the General Manager I review all comments and reviews relating to our property because it is my goal, as it is our teams goal to be the very best! We strive to achieve products and services for our guest that create memorable moments and above all else a "excellent" stay for ALL of our guests. I appreciate you for ranking us "excellent" in areas of cleanliness, location, and rooms as we work very hard to ensure we maintain a clean property and rooms our guest can enjoy as their own. I was very disappointed to read that you felt our breakfast attendants were rude and did not accomodate your requests. Our breakfast hours are 6:30am - 9:00am Monday thru Friday and 7:00am - 10:00am on Saturday and Sunday. It is not routine for us to shut down breakfast anytime within those hours and I apologize that you experienced this during your time with us. I have shared this review with our Breakfast team to ensure this never be the case moving forward. Our breakfast team are highly and consistently praised and recognized for their amazing hospitality. To hear that they were rude is shocking and I can guarantee that this is not the normal level of service our guests recieve. I understand how frustrating this experience must have been. I do hope that you will choose to stay at our property in the future so that you may experience the great service for which we are known!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Room not as big as Marriott Hotel but value is exceptional- friendly staff, great breakfast buffet. Room was clean and staff (front desk/housekeeping) made every effort to make stay pleasant. Parking area is close and well lit. Amenities are not 5 star quality but neither is the price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Trav2586
Thank you for taking time to review our property! Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you found our team to be accomodating and that they made every effort to ensure your time with us was pleasant. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott prides itself on being known for its style and space and being "beautifully priced." Our guest rooms are all suites with a lounge area complete with a sectional sofa and office area along with a comfortable sleeping area. Our bathrooms are complete with granite finishes and a separate vanity area. I hope that all of our guests find great value in the price paid at our property! Thank you again for your comments and please come visit us again soon.