“Third Time Is Not The Charm”

SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Greenville, Mississippi, United States
“Third Time Is Not The Charm”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having stayed at the Springhill Suites a few times before we felt comfortable booking the room through Harrah's website as we had previously. During the drive to the hotel someone called and demanded a credit card to hold the room due to the fact they were booked up for the evening. We explained we were in transit and would be there in under an hour. Finally we were told no credit card no room. So my wife gave the clerk our card number. When we arrived about 45 minutes later a room was ready for us. We requested a king high floor room. We got a king second floor room. We were fine with it because we were tired from our drive in. Upon entering the room we saw the carpet was filthy it almost appeared to be blood stains but I convinced myself it was just grease since it was all over the carpet and couch. We went back to the desk and were told that there were no other rooms available and they would have someone come clean the stains up. the pictures I added were after the cleaning. I will say this the staff were friendly during face to face interaction, but I feel more could have been done to clean the room. I feel the room should have been taken out of service until the stains could have been totally removed. I do not believe we will stay at this property again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phil M
Barbara B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for staying at our SpringHill suites, by Marriott and taking the time to review our property. I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback and have shared your comments with our team. We are4 presently in the process of replacing our in room carpets.

Regarding the issues with your room reservation and request for payment, I will share this concern with party that the reservation was made through.

Again, thank you for your candid comments concerning our hotel.
SWincerely,
Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time in a SpringHill Suites, very nice room layout. Nice couch and desk area. Employees here were very friendly. Hotel was fresh and clean. Decent breakfast, and always had fresh coffee in lobby. Great location for the Race Track.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Race Track ..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Barbara B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property! Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to read that you found our team accomodating to our needs, and every effort was made to ensure your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your comments and please come visit us again soon.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Everything was four-star but nothing was five-star. Room was nice and clean and roomy. We had the end room on the first floor so it was easy loading and unloading through the side door. Breakfast was a little crowded but good for a freebie...a few hot items too.

Room Tip: First floor near the end, close to parking and ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Barbara B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Our team glad that you enjoyed the location of your room, coffee and our daily breakfast. We do hope that we have the opportunity to re-welcome you to our hotel.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Nice room, good shower pressure, excellent coffee which is a rarity for hotels. Most of the time its water. Great above average breakfast. You can make your own oatmeal with all the extra fixins such as blueberries and cinnamon. Walking distance to the casino.

• Stayed January 2014
Barbara B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites, by Marriott. My team and I are thrilled that you found everything to your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to our "home away from home".
uncertain, tx
Reviewed 3 October 2013

this is our fav hotel to stay in Shreveport area because of the staff and great breakfast. Each time we stay someone makes a lasting impression of their care & interest in us not just a guest but as a person

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Barbara B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reviews our property, and sharing your kind words regarding our hotel and team members. It is the goal of our team to make very stay a memorable experience for all of our guests each and every day. I am very happy that our team had made this happen for you. We are looking forward to your next visit.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Arrived on friday night. lots of customers in the lobby due to all the casinos. Arlene was working at the front desk. She checked us in really fast. I reserved 2 beds but I received a room with one bed. She explained that the reservations sometimes get mixed up. I accepted the room i got, because I was tired. She apologized for the mix up, I will call ahead next time. At least I got a room on the top floor.

I tried to catch breakfast but there were so many people in line for scrambled eggs & biscuits, it was crazy. There was no meat for breakfast, what's breakfast without bacon or sausage? Housekeeping lady was very helpful on the 4th floor. Need to make the internet faster, it is turtle speed slow. Fitness room was ok. Please fix the weight machine.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be around a bunch of gamblers, who stay up all night then eat up all the br...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JAGG J
Calhoun City
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am so pleased to write such a positive review for a hotel that I feared would be in the decline mode by now,however, Springhill Suites Bossier has surprised me to the fullest. The customer service at the front desk was so informative and greeted us with smiles and were able to give us whatever type of room we desired. The manager on duty even offered us a free appetizer coupon at Joe's Crab Shack at the Boardwalk which was also a nice amenity as well. The room was clean and the TV offered great stations and the breakfast was WOW!!!! They have greatly improved since my last visit and I can't wait to visit them again. Thanks Springhill Suites!!! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family