“Great for Extended Stay!”

TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2013

TownePlace Suites isn't on the boardwalk, but it is nearby. The hotel is fairly new with nicely, updated decor. The rooms are well-designed with a mini kitchen area, office area, as well as a roomy bathroom. They anticipate almost every need you might have and the desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
My only complaints are: the hallways were muggy in the afternoon, the bed had a broken/missing part in its frame and popped when I sat on the edge or turned over, and the pillows are terrible. :-( We usually bring our own...and were really wishing we would have for this trip. The shower has terrific pressure and the lighting was great.
Breakfast has a wide variety of items--even strawberry waffles!
We will stay again...with our own pillows.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and heard no noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Emma H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Amanda74701

Thank-you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Towneplace. I am sorry that you did not like the pillows. We provide both feather and foam filled pillows so if you have a preference on future stays please let us know and we will only be too happy to set your room up with the pillows of your choice prior to your arrival. My team live to provide excellent guest service and we will always try our best to accomodate any preferences that you may have. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards
Emma Hebert

Reviewed 17 June 2013

On a quiet 'No outlet' street, right off the hwy. A compact suite with a nice little kitchenette. Clean rooms and common area. It isn't an expansive area but space is well used. Staff was helpful and courteous. A good place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dadbo95
Thank-you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you and your family had an enjoyable trip home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards
Emma Hebert

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I recently took a 2 week roadtrip that started in Shreveport (we were going to the Chimp Sanctuary). We stayed at this Marriott and before heading out for dinner I took an envelope of cash out of my purse.

I never carry cash, but because of the nature of our trip we had quite a bit on us and I didn't want it taken at dinner.

And then we left it in the room when we checked out.

I knew it was a long shot but I called the hotel, and they found it for us and returned it to us.

The stay itself was pleasant. Room was nice, breakfast was tasty and the staff were helpful. But above all, they were so honest and really saved our vacation.

And they are dog friendly!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear JoKeefe,

Thank you for the review and the time you spent with us! I am glad to hear the team was honest and accommodating! This reflects the true values we strive for on a daily basis in welcoming and treating our guests.

We hope you can come through again soon and stay with us and look forward to the next opportunity you can!

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

The front desk staff of this hotel is excellent. Friendly and helpful in every way possible. Good breakfast selection with great service. The provide a relaxing atmosphere with a touch of Southern hospitality. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a friendly comfortable stay in the Shreveport area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Glenn S.,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are extremely glad we were able to host you and look forward to the next time you are in Bossier City

Have a great day!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is the best hotel staff that I've ever had contact with. I have stayed here many times, but there have been several months between stays. It does not seem to matter as the staff always greet me by name as I enter the door. There is just a special sense of comradery and love that is felt whenever you see them interact with each other and hotel guests. I seriously believe there is nothing that most would not do to try to improve your stay. Oh sure, there are some issues with "time to refurbrish", but considering all, I don't think you will find a finer group to spend time away from home and actually look forward to your next stay. The hotel is entirely smoke free on the inside! I love it!

Room Tip: I've had rooms on the front and back side of the hotel. The front side will be sunny in the mor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Cathy C.,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so excited that we are able to envelope you in the culture we strive towards here at the TownePlace Suites! If we can ever assist you in any way before or during your next stay please give us a call and let us know! We look forward to your next visit and have safe travels!

Also thank you for the notes about the condition, which I am currently working on correcting so we will be able to have those issues taken care of.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The front desk was excellent. They seemed to know my every need and served it. Free newspapers, snacks, etc. Hard bed, great TV, great breakfast, good continuous service from the front desk. I'll be back this month.

• Stayed: February 2013
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Wildbillwww,

Thank you so much for the response! We are so glad we were able to serve you during your stay and look forward to your upcoming stay! Please take time and say hello when you have a chance I would love to thank you in person!

I will be sure to share your kind words with the front desk and entire to let them know what a great job they are doing!

Have a great day and again, thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

While this is an extended stay facility, I was only there for one night. I arrived a bit early as I was making a presentation the next day and wanted a chance to finish preparing. While the room was not ready, the lady provided a place to work and even offered to provide a snack while I waited. Within 15 minutes, I was in my room. Typical of what you expect when staying at a Marriott property. While located near the interstate and a railroad, I never heard the interstate noise and only heard the train one time and it was more like distant background noise. I took advantage of the exercise room and was very pleased with the quality of the equipment.
Breakfast was very good. I enjoy their cooked oatmeal, already prepared with plenty of things to add. I chose the blueberries. In my book, service always makes the difference. I will be back on my next visit to Bossier.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark H
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Mark H.,

"Service always makes the difference." You hit on a key point in which we strive for on a daily basis! Thank you so much for your comments. Tina did an especially great job and I am looking forward to sharing your review with her!

We as a team hope your travels bring you back to the area in which we may have the opportunity to serve you again. I hope your preparations served you well and the presentation went smooth!

Again, thank you for your comments and if you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

1009 Gould Dr.