“Diamond Jacks Needs a Major Overhaul!!”

DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Mabank, Texas
“Diamond Jacks Needs a Major Overhaul!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel Room:
I thought because this was a Casino/Hotel that the rooms would be really nice so I didn't look at any reviews............... Bad choice on my part. My husband and I were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary so I booked a deluxe king suite. I tried to book online but their website wasn't working, I ended up calling Diamond Jacks directly. They did give me a good deal on our room....... That's what I thought at the time! The rooms looked great on their website, and they listed amenities that came with the room (they did say "some" rooms have safes and mini fridges) you would think that would be standard for "king suites". I was shocked at the stained carpet in the hallway on the way to our room, We were on the 3rd floor. When I walked into our "king suite" I couldn't believe how out dated everything was. No flat screen TV, no safe, no microwave, no mini fridge, nasty carpet and a broken toilet paper holder. I called down to the front desk and asked for a mini fridge and was told "if I had Rx that needed to be in fridge I could have one, if not, I was out of luck" needless to say I didn't get a mini fridge. Even lower class motels provide a mini fridge, microwave and flat screen TV's in their "standard" rooms. We had a large jacuzzi in our room too (we looked at the reviews after checking in). They were not good and some folks talked about how dirty the Jacuzzi were..... so we didn't even try to use it. The beds were OK, We've stayed at really nice hotels and had very hard mattresses, the comforter did have huge lumps in it though, that was not a big deal to us.

Staff/Casino:
The staff was super nice (except about the mini fridge) we used the valet parking and all was great, they got our bags and took us up to our room. Everyone at the casino was very nice and helpful, the service was good too. We did win a little and had a great time. Some of the slot machines are rather old but they do have newer ones too. The dealers at the table games were nice and helpful, We enjoyed playing there!

Food:
When I was on Diamond Jacks webpage I did look at CJ's Steakhouse (it's on the pricey side) and thought that would be a great place to have our anniversary dinner.................. Didn't try after seeing the reviews online (was afraid it would be like the rooms) so we just did something differant for dinner. The all night grill was great, good burgers and fries. We had lunch at the buffet, it was good, not great but good.

All in all I don't think we'd stay again unless Diamond Jacks make some massive upgrades to their rooms.......things like new funiture, carpet, mattresses and wall decor. Simple things such as a safe in the room, flat screen TVs, microwaves and mini fridges would be a plus. If they're smart they'll make the changes, if not I'm afraid they'll keep losing business!!!!!!!
We would go back to the casino and play, but that's about it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cadburysbarn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Edmond
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

There was not even a bellman to take luggage to the room or even a cart to be found anywhere...
The pictures on the Internet must have been very old,the hotel and casino was nothing at all like the pictures... The floors in rooms where dirty.the chairs in the room had tears and wholes in them....
The bathroom was horrible,the shower had caulk missing off the door,I wouldn't even walk in the room without shoes or socks on!!! It had a horrible smell in the halls like sewage....
There is not enough parking for this hotel...
The front desk was very nice and friendly along with the people at the buffet.
I was able to see two different rooms!!!!

There was no spa even though it showed one on the Internet!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here for a good room.....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charrisa
Benton, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

There are stains on the carpet. There are chunks missing out of the walls and floor board. I would rather go swimming in the sewer than use the restroom here. Decent arcade but is also expensive. Smells very old and dirty. I am just straight up disgusted.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Boomersooner45
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked a room at DiamondJacks because I got a great rate from travelocity. I've also stayed in other casino hotels and have usually had great experiences. However, such was NOT the case at DiamondJacks. I booked my room and prepaid for my room on travelocity. When I arrived at the front desk - they could not find my reservation. I even showed them my email confirmation from Travelocity on my phone. The desk clerk takes my phone to the back room and spends several minutes supposedly looking for my reservation. In the meantime, the other front desk clerk checks in 5 to 7 other guests while I'm waiting. Finally she comes out with my phone and informs me that I will have to contact Travelocity and ask them to fax something over. I get travelocity on the phone in just a moment, but the desk clerk has disappeared to the back room again. I have to YELL for her to come back out so she can give them the fax number and other information.

Once I FINALLY get checked in - the room was very large and had a spa tub (large enough for two) in the room. However there was fecal matter on the toilet seat and the bed was very uncomfortable. The climate controls are VERY outdated, so regulating the temperature was a challenge. Then apparently there was a party going on the room next door until after 2 am. This place sucked. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve W
Michelle C, Front Office Manager at DiamondJacks Casino and Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hi Steve!

I apologize for your frustrating experiences. Our front desk clerk should have written down the information from your confirmation on your phone instead of taking your phone to speak with a manager. Unfortunately, Travelocity had not sent us your confirmation yet upon your arrival. Because your reservation was pre-paid, we have to make sure we have the proper confirmation from Travelocity before checking you in. Occasionally, a guest will be at the wrong hotel or there is a discrepancy with the reservation. This keeps you, the guest, from being charged by both Travelocity and the hotel. Thank you for your comments.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good morning. I recently stayed at Diamond Jack casino and was appalled at the dangerous sanitation issues there. I have photos and video. I had the property manager come see the actual items and nothing was done. I moved rooms twice! This staff is exposing hundreds of people a day to disgusting sanitation hazards!!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank STB0716
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

After a HORRENDOUS experience at Margaritaville (see review there), we contacted Diamond Jacks for a VERY LAST minute to see if they had a room for the following evening. We explained our situation. They booked us a room at a very reasonable price. The staff were very polite and accommodating to insure we got the room wanted (even put us in a room with a Jacuzzi tub BONUS!). They only negative I would state is that while the lobby looked a bit updated, the hotel rooms and floors are outdated with older carpet, fixtures and furnishings. However, the bed was comfortable enough and the room was very clean. Every hotel and casino employee we encountered were very helpful and polite. We'll stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amanda C
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy your trip turned out great and I look forward to seeing you again!
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I should have known better! I read the reviews of this place and thought that it couldn't be this bad. I was wrong. It is awful. The rooms are so outdated it isn't even funny. I am laying on the lumpy bed right now watching the tube TV. It does have a decent picture for something made in 1995 though.
The bed however is so lumpy I can feel the springs and the blood is rushing to my head because the head of the bed is lower than the foot.
The room is fairly clean but my wife did find hair in the bathroom.
We had a good laugh when I picked up the phone and the cord flew out of the jack and I had the receiver up to my head with no cord.
Bottom line stay away!

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#11 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!