“I had a great time at Jacks!”

Diamond Jack's - Bossier City
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Mineola
“I had a great time at Jacks!”
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at the DiamondJacks Hotel. (It was wierd walking in to a diamond jacks and seeing island themed walpaper and blankets.) My friend said that once was a Island Caprie, which would explain it, but why couldnt they have changed the rooms to accomadate their theme? That was a bit cheap ion my opinion, but the hotel staff were very nice and the lobby was big and clean. Our room was clean and the hottub in the room was great. There were 3 TV's in our room! The bathroom was huge with a clean shower and a heat lamp bulb wich kept the bathroom toasty. the AC was great. We spent about 90 bucks for a friday nignt room. Of course the food in the lobbys were very overpriced, we should of went to the cafe, (wich i heard was great)because we went to that one little resturant in the corner of the place and it was the worst service i have ever had. Other than that it was a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We had a great time and our room wast great. Plenty of towels, room smelled great even thought it was a smoking room and the food at the restaurants was great.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Diamondjacks met my expectations based on the cost and reviews I read before going. The lack of table games at Diamondjacks was disappointing, but we all won more money at Diamondjacks than anywhere else and got the best service from the wait staff in the casinos. The decor is definitely old and all the rooms are the same. The bathrooms definitely don't sparkle, but the huge jacuzzi tub was nice. The rooms were large enough to comfortably fit 4 people, but the beds weren't very big or extremely comfortable. Everyone at Diamondjacks was friendly and helpful. However, it did take 15 minutes to get my key card reactivated when it stopped working. As far as location, Diamondjacks is easy to find and is within walking distance of Boomtown and the Horseshoe. Overall, I was pleased with my trip to Diamondjacks because I didn't go with expectations of a luxury hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed at Diamond Jacks for 2 nights because the price was right. The hotel is definitely showing signs of age, but check-in was fast and the room was large. Unfortunately, the room had not been thoroughly cleaned, as I discovered when my phone stuck to the nightstand. The soap dish in the shower was covered with yellow goo, presumably from the bar of soap that previously made its home there. These two little problems were easily remedied, but did not make for a good first impression.

When we went to bed, things went further downhill. The pillows were small and uncomfortable. We ended up buying some nice big pillows for $6 at K-Mart, which fixed that problem. Either the walls were thin or the guests were particularly loud. There was constant noise on the 4th floor until 3 or 4am when we finally managed to sleep. Conversations in adjacent rooms could be heard in our room. The room did contain a nice large jacuzzi. Unfortunately, we could hear the couple in the next room enjoying their jacuzzi. First the very loud running water to fill it up, then the giggling, etc.

Food at the Creamery was decent, and service was slow but cordial. We tried the breakfast buffet one morning and found it lacking. The scrambled eggs were runny. The biscuits and gravy didn't taste right. The french toast was passable, though, so I ended up filling up on that.

I know you get what you pay for, and this is a relatively cheap hotel, but a clean, quiet room isn't too much to ask for. We won't be staying here again.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teylos
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My husband & I wanted a Sping Break "get-a-way", not too far but far enough to stay over a night. We started looking at Shreveport / Bossier because we have fun at casinos. We started our search a little late, so casino hotels were already pretty booked for the March break. We found a room at DiamondJacks Casino, which neither of us knew anything about. But, I researched it online and we decided to book one night. The last time we were in Shreveport/Bossier we stayed at Harrah's, so our expectations were pretty high. We arrived at about 2-3 pm and checked in. The room we were assigned and taken to was a little rough. It was a smoking room (online I didn't see a choice for non-smoking, which we prefer). We decided to call the front desk for a request to change rooms. Since it was still early, they were very accomadating. We went to the front desk and requested a non-smoking / king (the other room was also 2 queens) and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. With no problems we were reassigned exactly what we wanted. The new room was fresh and bright (no smokers here) and very satisfactory. We liked the king room with the garden jet tub located in the room. We also liked the casino, even though luck was not with us at any of the casinos. Overall we will certainly stay at DiamondJacks again and would recommend it to friends. We were very pleased and made to feel very comfortable. Thank you DiamondJacks.

1 Thank bfann51
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Our three night stay at Diamond Jacks was delightful. The staff was friendly at the front desk--giving us lower rates than quoted when I made reservations on the phone. The rooms were bright (with one large wall of mirrors), large, clean (except mold on floor in front of the shower) and quiet.

The food on the buffet was mediocre, except on prime rib night which made up for the rest. You can always feast on prime rib, baked potato salad bar and dessert.

We will definitely return to Diamond Jacks of Bossier City!

1 Thank sbulldog53
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Please have the Bossier City Casino review the Lucky Bean Creamery surveillance tapes on Friday night March 6th, Sunday night March 8th, and Sunday night March 15, betweek 10:30 P:M and 11:30 P:M. I am the lady in the red shirt. My order number was number 94 that night. I've complained about the cash-register service once before, to no avail...but Sunday night was the last trip to Diamond Jack's.

I played at the Isle of Capri for 10 years, and have continued with Diamond Jacks. I go once or twice each week, and until the last month never write checks for less than $600.00. The advantage......a free buffett (1), and/or the "pleasure " of eating at the creamery. I also get a huge sum in jack play weekly ($15). I'm usually too embarrassed to use it, after watching other players 'ring theirs up'.

Why can't someone with at least an IQ of 26 work the cash registers? Sheila, Julia, and those making sandwichs are great...but this Anthony, who makes his embarrassing speeches while waving his arms...and the girl who usually works with him, spilling drinks and causing grown men to accuse her of lying about their orders....are disastrous to business.

This was my last trip.

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#11 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Diamond Jack's - Bossier City? Share your experiences!