“Great Steaks and Great Service”
Review of 2 Johns

2 Johns
Reserve with OpenTable
2 Johns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 233 Restaurants in Bossier City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Tracks
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great Steaks and Great Service”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Recently went out with a group of friends. Some had arrived early and were sitting at the bar enjoying the happy hour offer of the first martini on the house. One friend had a mango martini, said it tasted good but was not strong as far as alcohol content.

They had live music playing, a guitar and piano couple. Easy listening type songs. Not too loud and could only be heard if the bar and maybe a few nearby tables.

We were seated in a booth which I would recommend. Makes things a little more private and seems to cut down on nearby table noise. Ordered some drinks. I had a Manhattan. Very good and strong. Friends had lemon drop and mango martinis. Both good. Both much stronger than the happy hour versions at the bar. While waiting for our entrees, we munched on the baguette. Crisp crust but soft inside. No appetizers were ordered.

Entrees. New York Strip medium rare. Cooked perfectly. Adorned only with a little salt and pepper. No sauce was ordered and would have ruined a great piece of meat. One friend had the trout and another had the sea bass. Both cooked to a fork tender flakiness. Sides were mac and cheese, which was a creamy sauce over bow tie pasta and grilled corn which was a grilled corn salad that included some diced tomatoes, peppers and bacon. Mac and cheese was good, the grilled corn was fantastic.

No desserts were ordered but if the stomach had room I saw others eating a chocolate covered brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Service was very attentive without being over bearing. One of the owners was making the rounds checking on all the patrons.

1 Thank Jon C

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Perfect for Really Special Occasions”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and it was a very nice dinner experience. I had an excellent steak and she really enjoyed the Chilean Bass. The manager, perhaps one of the owners, was very attentive to every table. He greeted us as we were being seated, he checked on us throughout the night, and he engaged in a bit of genuine conversation after our meal. I stopped by the rest room before leaving the restaurant. As I was leaving he came in to make sure there were enough hand towels and that every thing was clean. As good as the meal was the desert was even better. My wife had the Creme Brule' and I had the Brownie with Ice Cream. I can't describe how good the brownie was.

Expect to pay at least $75-$100 per person if you have salad, dinner and desert. I look forward to the next special occasion so we can return.

“Unsurpassed Filet”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We've been to 2 Johns a couple of times for dinner in the past and several times to sit at the bar and share wine. But...

The occasion was celebrating the end of an amazing summer so this seemed like an amazing place to go. Greeted and seated right away for our admittedly last minute reservations we still had a great table in the quieter part of the restaurant. Our waiter ~ Ron ~ was exceptionally attentive without interfering with the evening.

We shared the Ahi Tuna for an appetizer and it was exceptional. Seared lightly, sliced thinly, with a mild oriental dipping sauce. Then on to the entree. My companion ordered the 7 oz. filet and I ordered the 7 oz. house specialty steak. Both were cooked medium rare and cooked exactly as ordered. Mine was coated with a pepper crust which was amazing. The were presenting on a bed of red skin mashed potatoes which were also excellent.

Following the main course we chatted as we enjoyed the wine we'd selected from an ample list then ordered a dessert to split. We chose the no flour chocolate cake which is served with vanilla bean ice cream and we shared cups of fine coffee with the dessert.

Yum!

Fine dining, fine food, fine service, fine atmosphere!

1 Thank Seagrovedreamer
Shreveport
“Inconsistant”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I love 2Johns, but there have been times where it compared to Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, and one time where its only marginally better than Outback. This was one of the high-end times. The softest, most flavorful steak I've had. The service is fantastic, the bar is exceptional, and the atmosphere is elegant but comfortable. Expect to easily pay $100 for 2 adults for dinner.

Visited February 2013
“Expect to pay top dollar excellent food”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Food was the best. It truly do get what you pay for. My buddy really freaked out when he saw the bill, I should have warned him that the prices reflect the quality. I think he really enjoyed the food but he didnt like paying the bill! (Which he expensed anyways)

• Visited May 2013

Been to 2 Johns? Share your experiences!