“Excellent!”
Review of 2 Johns

2 Johns
Reserve with OpenTable
2 Johns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 239 Restaurants in Bossier City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Tracks
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I usually eat here at least once a week and have found every item I have tried on the menu excellent. The pork chop is perfecto! Thursday is Prime Rib night, don't miss it. The music adds to the ambience of this great establishment and with the father out front and the son in the kitchen you can be guaranteed perfection on all levels. Don't miss eating here!

1  Thank William H

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have eaten at this wonderful place about a dozen times so far. Each and every time has been just excellent. Excellent Martinis. Excellent appetizers ( especially the crab meat au gratin ). Excellent music in the bar area, but you can hear it throughout the place. Service and attitude is just great. Our favorite place to eat within 200 miles.....and we like nice places !!!

1  Thank Edperk1952
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The food at 2Johns is awesome! The steaks melt in your mouth. Homemade thousand island dressing made me a believer. The shrimp bisque soup I could drink with a straw! OMG. The owner, John, was so friendly and inquired about our food. The atmosphere is surprisingly sophiscated for the location in a strip mall. Smaller banquet room allows private banquets. Valet parking available. Must eat here!

1  Thank Practicalmatters
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Went to dinner with the boss and two other employees. We were a little early so we sat at the bar and ordered drinks. When the rest of our party arrived, we moved to the dining room. Our waitress proceeded to badger us about our bill. She finally said the she would transfer it to our server. We had crab au gratin as an appetizer. It was great. I wasn't really hungry, so I ordered the shrimp bisque and the crab cake appetizer for my meal. Both were extremely disappointing. The crab cakes were covered in an overly sweet remoulade and the bisque was watery and had just a few chunks of crab and shrimp. The service was pretty good, but I sure was disappointed in the food. Probably not going back, considering the high prices.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Recently went out with a group of friends. Some had arrived early and were sitting at the bar enjoying the happy hour offer of the first martini on the house. One friend had a mango martini, said it tasted good but was not strong as far as alcohol content.

They had live music playing, a guitar and piano couple. Easy listening type songs. Not too loud and could only be heard if the bar and maybe a few nearby tables.

We were seated in a booth which I would recommend. Makes things a little more private and seems to cut down on nearby table noise. Ordered some drinks. I had a Manhattan. Very good and strong. Friends had lemon drop and mango martinis. Both good. Both much stronger than the happy hour versions at the bar. While waiting for our entrees, we munched on the baguette. Crisp crust but soft inside. No appetizers were ordered.

Entrees. New York Strip medium rare. Cooked perfectly. Adorned only with a little salt and pepper. No sauce was ordered and would have ruined a great piece of meat. One friend had the trout and another had the sea bass. Both cooked to a fork tender flakiness. Sides were mac and cheese, which was a creamy sauce over bow tie pasta and grilled corn which was a grilled corn salad that included some diced tomatoes, peppers and bacon. Mac and cheese was good, the grilled corn was fantastic.

No desserts were ordered but if the stomach had room I saw others eating a chocolate covered brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Service was very attentive without being over bearing. One of the owners was making the rounds checking on all the patrons.

1  Thank Jon C