Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
US$105
US$127
US$124
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Bossier City)
US$107
US$138
US$100
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewslouisiana boardwalktypical courtyardcourtyard marriotttrain tracksperfect locationjoe's crab shackfire pitwithin walking distanceoutlet mallmargaritaville casinofirst floornice hotelbass pro shopnice stayair conditionerwould stay here againview of the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Two night stay for business. Front desk was very helpful when I needed to FedEx a package. All staff very pleasant and helpful. I will say they need more help in the Bistro. I had to wait and smetimes find someone to wait on me. Despite this i will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We usually have meetings where people are coming from various locations. Staying here gives the group access to restaurants and entertainment without having to make extra travel arrangements. The hotel is nice. You could tell they are trying to maintain it. There were several things being addressed at the time we were there. The rooms are nice and clean. Louisiana can be very humid, so if you aren't used to it, it might be a little uncomfortable. The a/c in our room was great. Had no problems during our stay. One note, the Margaritaville Casino just opened up on the opposite end of the Boardwalk. It was nice to be able to hit the casino and walk back.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a courtyard facing room or a room facing the Boardwalk.
1  Thank Kimberly O
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this location due largely to the location on the Louisiana Boardawalk. Although I am not a shopper, I enjoyed being able to get out and walk around in a well lit pedestrian area. I delt the location was safe in every way. This property has a small coffee shop/bar/grill that makes catching a quick meal on the go easy. Service was good although once I was surprised that my room coffee had not been replenished. No biggie, but a minor inconvenience nonetheless.

Room Tip: The railroad tracks on the SE side of the property are surprisingly loud. Do yourself a favor and avoid this side.
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 26 July 2013

They can't help it but the malaise that has infected the area is abundantly clear at this hotel. The staff are trying but they too suffer from the lassitude and decline of the Boardwalk. The view room I have comes with the noisy railway and not a pleasant view.. This hotel which has a family friendly veneer is sandwiched between 2 mega casino hotels and a Louisiana Boardwalk which is showing signs of advanced decomposition. Glad I saw another failing American tourist destination..?

Room Tip: Don't bother with the extra price of a view, a view of a old freight train bridge accompanied by the clunking isn't worth it but I guess the alternative can be worse.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The best place to stay in Bossier/Shreveport because of location. My wife and I stayed here 2 nights. Located (literally) right next too the Louisiana Boardwalk (Excellent shopping and eating). Walking distance of the new Bossier City casino Margaritaville.
This is a very, very safe area of Bossier City if you stay between the Horseshoe Casino and the Margaritaville Casino (the Boardwalk and Hotel being right in the center). We walked the area at night and felt safe. Security is present.
The Hotel is very, very nice (clean grounds and plenty of parking). The staff was excellent. We didn't pass one Hotel employee without a "hello, how are you doing". Awesome.
There have been some complaints on here about trains. We stayed in a room on the railroad side of the Hotel and didn't hear one train, only until we stepped outside and I only heard it once then. But we did feel the room vibrate 3 times in the 3 days we stayed. Don't let this scare you, please. It was so brief and I had to ask my wife if she even felt it. It is a none factor. If it was a problem, I would be the first to complain.
We paid a little over $315 for both nights on weekdays (2 queen beds with big, very clean room, excellent bathroom, good cable with large flat screen tv, mini-fridge, comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, great A/C). Room excellent.
One complaint, no free breakfast in the morning. Hotel like this should offer one paying that price, but no worries. The Boardwalk has a IHOP in walking distance.
I went to the swimming pool once and swam. It was extremely nice and clean. Beautiful grounds, towels provided by pool, nice hot tub, and surrounded by Hotel 3 sides and fenced in.
This was an excellent stay. My family and I will be back.

Room Tip: Eat at Herbie K's while you are in Shreveport. Hole in the wall excellent. Avoid Joe's Crab Shack, very disappointing. For desserts, go too the Chocolate Crocodile on the Boardwalk. Margaritaville Casino is brand new and great. Went to 2 other casino's, this one was the best in my opinion. The locals swear by El Dorado Casino though.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple