“Great location, nice place”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Lewistown, PA
“Great location, nice place”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is located right next to the Lousiana Boardwalk shopping area and within walking distance of the Horseshoe Bossier City. It has its own parking area. Hotel is a typical Courtyard, which is a good thing. Rooms were comfortable with a flat screen TV and despite being there on New Years Eve, the room was very quiet. Would highly recommend if you are in the area and do not want to pay higher costs to stay in Margaritaville or the Horseshoe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A little difficult to find (need to fix the unlighted sign), but a wonderful, clean, super great location to have when in Shreveport!!

Everything is in easy walking distance and very new view of the city and waterfront.

As a professional traveler I completely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Forest Hill, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at several of the hotels around Shreveport/Bossier and with it carrying the Marriott name along with a $169 a night price tag, it was AFWUL! The beds are hard. The air conditioner did not work. Our bathroom was full of hair in the shower and on the floors. There was also feces under the toilet seat. We were place near the exit door and every time someone came in or out it made this terrible banging noise and it woke us all up several times through out the night. Pay the extra to stay at one of the Casinos, we could have gotten a room at the Horseshoe for $80 bucks but since our trip was solely for shopping purposes we chose this one for the location. Next time I will chose a Casino or one of the hotels down the road and drive the extra couple of miles. Only plus was the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Chose a Casino or the Microtel Suites!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Frisco, TX
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My family and I stayed Wed.-Sat around Thanksgiving. The customer service was beyond my expectations. We were greeted by a warm and friendly staff. We received a complimentary beverage upon arrival.

Later that night, I called down for the nearest location to retrieve a newspaper so that I could check out Black Friday deals. Mike was gracious enough to go out to the nearest store and pick up a copy for me. I was over the moon! I was so grateful to not have to go out early in the morning to grab a paper.

Our room was perfect. We were on the first floor. Right outside our patio door was a fire pit. We bought the materials to make Smores. The kids had a great time! It made the holiday weekend special.

The accommodations were great, the staff friendly, the rooms well decorated and appointed. We would definitely stay there again!

Mike and the close proximity to the fire pit were the highlights of our weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 151. It is close to the fire pit. No one else came to it while we were there, so...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice, primarily because of its location. It's situated on the Louisiana boardwalk outlet mall, which offers plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. As for the hotel itself, it's a pretty typical Courtyard location. The rooms are clean and spacious, perfect for business travel. The Internet was dreadfully slow on this visit which would have been problematic if trying to work out of the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Flint, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The location is the best thing about this hotel, right on the Boardwalk. Our room was at the end of the hotel, next to the railroad tracks... enough said! The room was nice & the staff friendly. Would we stay here again? No, it was too expensive & we didn't enjoy the trains.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I gave this hotel 5 stars and a great review in July (look at it), but with this 2nd visit I had a bit of an issue with making my reservations, (so they lose 2 stars).

I believe that the staff was not entirely honest when I made my reservation about 2-3 weeks before our arrival. I called and asked for them to quote me a price and they said $135 a night, nothing else. I said that was fine, lets book it. So I gave them all of my information and they said an email would be arriving shortly. Fortunately, I looked at it as soon as it arrived and what I realized was they gave me the ADVANCE PURCHASE RATE "without" informing me.
So I immediately called back (about 10 minutes after hanging up phone with them) and asked if this was correct with the Advance Purchase rate and why I wasn't informed.
(Advance Purchase Rate) - you pay a smaller price for the room, but doesn't allow cancelation after the day of making reservation.
Normal Price with Cancelation - $165
Advance Purchase - $135
I intended on staying here anyway, but I had a gift card I meant to use, so they didn't need to charge my credit card the next day. The staff, Reed, said that he was so sorry, that he just wanted to give me the best rate available, and he would talk to his manager about the gift card. They held my card until our arrival, took my gift card, and everything turned out fine.

Conclusion, they make reservations everyday. They know what the $135 rate means, so they need to tell the customer that this is the Advance Purchase Rate and not the normal rate ($165 with cancellation). They were trying to pull a bit of a fast one on me. My gift card would have been worthless if I had not called back immediately. Glad I looked at the email so soon, if I had waited the next day, they would have said sorry but too late.
For the amount I am paying, I expect better.
All I can say is Shame, Shame.

Room Tip: Look at your email conformation as soon as possible to make sure they are not trying to pull a fast...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#2 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!