“nice room, nice service, nice price”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was an overflow room for the Harrah's Casino . The room was convenient, spotless and there was a great breakfast in the morning. It was convenient to the highway. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: overlooking the horse racing track was nice.. ask for that if you stay there on a race day

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm a "frequent flyer" here at this particular Courtyard due to work obligations -- I stay here almost every week, and loved the property when it first opened a few years ago. I love the location & the Marriott rewards points, but that's about the extent of it. Otherwise, it's lackluster at best. The rooms are fairly clean, but the rates, hospitality, & amenities leave MUCH to be desired. One would think a gold member would at least rate a bottle of water at check in, but not at this property. The final straw for me this time is the TV service. Not only is the rate double that of comparable properties, I was told at check-in that the TV service was being "upgraded" so availability could be sporadic. Which it was...I think it's time to go back to the Hilton Honors program, since there are better options with more perks, better rates, and a more welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cindy L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay. We value your comments and your loyalty to our hotel and would like for you to continue staying with us when you business brings you into town. We will discuss your comments with our management team to see how we can improve our recognition of our loyal guests. From time to time we need to do upgrades in our hotel and do apologize for the inconvenience of our TV service. We are having to install new boxes for the remotes in order for them to work with our televisions and this project should be done by next week.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel by Marriott is a true diamond in the rough. The property itself is almost flawless--the only main problem is the location. The property is in a hard-to-find area of a new retail development area with construction on one side, and there is only a small sign on the busy street fronting it. However, in spite of this, it is a gem once located. It must be a relatively new property, as it looks quite updated. Check-in is a breeze, the rooms are beautiful, you can even open the windows. And check this out--my room was even pre-cooled! Wow--try finding that these days. The rooms have DirectTV which is great, a small bar/refrigerator area, and a nice and spacious bathroom area. The lobby and reception areas also have a walk-up bar and restaurant area, and there is a nice area to sit and read, use their computers, or to watch television. All considered, this is a choice property and worth finding. You won't be regretting your choice staying here. And BTW, when I stayed, the room was very quiet and conducive to sleep--a big plus for me. Staff is quite nice also!

Room Tip: My room was on the south corridor and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank wcammack .
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here 05/04/13 on the first leg towards our final destination. This is a nice, clean property. Our GPS (Siri) had a hard time getting us there but we used our eyes and common sense and found it. It was nice being on the river and we walked around the riverfront area. It was after 6:00 on a Sunday so all of the stores were closed. We wandered over to Margaritaville to gamble a bit. Husband won at roulette but that's it - very tight slots. Had dinner at Joes Crab Shack - don't recommend at all but that's for another review. Overall nice stay. A little sad that Courtyard is cutting back on in-room amenities like lotion. Does it really cost that much??

Room Tip: Beware that you are next to the river and near the industrial area - train whistles very nearby in t...
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The wife and I spent a night away from home here. The hotel is very nice. We got assigned a handicapped hotel room (I guess that was what was available), which was huge. The hotel was quiet and had easy access to the boardwalk areas. There is a train track that runs next to the hotel, but I did not hear any trains. Check in and out was easy. We would stay here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Shreveport was a happening place on Memorial Day weekend! Not the place for quiet times with all those people. But at 11:30 pm when we finally were able to get a hotel, the Marriott had a cancellation , that was our lucky stay. The people, especially Toni hunter,gave us service like no other. The hotel was clean, had a Starbucks inside, and was right on the waterfront. We were connected to the boardwalk and bass pro. Perfect! And no crowds for us..! Will stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was working in the area on business and brought my family. we chose this hotel because it was walking distance to the boardwalk where there is plenty to do for kids. We reserved a one bedroom suite with a pull out couch and it was ready when we arrived around 11 PM. The staff was very friendly upon check-in and room was conveniently on the first floor, room 102 . The problem with the room was it had an odor in it. It wasn't like a smoking smell, but more like a mildewed carpet smell. In the hotel's defense, I did not let them know about it because it was late and our kids were already asleep. My wife was going to change rooms the next day, but instead of moving all of our stuff, she bought some air fresheners from a store in the mall. The bath towels were small and thin. The mattresses on the bed and the pull out were not very good. Housekeeping didn't service the room after our first night, because my family was still in the room at 10AM. the second day, the housekeeping staff tried just dropping off towels again, but my wife insisted she the room be serviced. Still yet the pull out couch bed was not made. Really, the only reason to stay here is for the location. Parking is free and easy. However, I am in the area on business every three weeks or so, and I will not be staying here when I am by myself. Of all the Courtyards I have stayed in, this one was the worst as far room amenities. It was too cool to swim, so I cannot comment on that. However, the fitness center is not back with 6 nice cardio machines and a weight bench with dumbbells.

Room Tip: I wasn't bothered by the train, but I didn't stay in the wing closest to the tracks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kermitt73
Cindy L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We appreciate that you brought to our attention the room issues and we are working with our staff to correct these matters. We take pride in delivering superior service and taking care of any issues that arise. We hope that you will reconsider giving us another chance should you return to our area. Please contact me and I will make your arrangements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Hilton Shreveport
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!