“Nice Hotel in Walking Distance to Boardwalk”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Nice Hotel in Walking Distance to Boardwalk”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard that is part of the LA Boardwalk for two nights. The rooms were large enough for our family of four and reasonably priced, considering part of the attraction was the park and walk convenience. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the entire facility seemed well kept. There was a "bistro" in the lobby that served food, although we didn't try it. If you read my review of the Cheesecake Bistro, you'll understand that I'm regretting NOT trying the hotel food. If there is a complaint (and it isn't much of one) they had a little shopping area that was ridiculously overpriced, especially since leaving for snacks or drinks would defeat the purpose of staying so close to the Boardwalk. Unless you want to make your way to a store for some in-room treats/drinks bring some supplies. They did have a small fridge and free wi-fi, so there were some accommodations that much nice hotels don't have these days.

Room Tip: It is only a three story hotel and all the rooms are pretty convenient. Our room faced some railroa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

King 2-room suite is quite large and very clean. Friendly staff and convenient location to the casinos and to the Boardwalk. Only complaint is inadequate lighting over the sink. Nothing to do with the hotel, but Louisiana Boardwalk's Magnolia Belle Trolley has been retired.

1 Thank KatL475
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here the July 12 weekend. Rooms are made to look "suite like" which was nice but they are quite small. Bathroom is decent but tub is very small as well.
very clean. Has noisy children staying in the room across from us so that was a minus but the hotel is well kept and clean. Staff could be more attentive and friendlier and needs training with customer service. My husband and I stood there for 3 minutes while the check in girl was arguing on the phone with a customer from what we gathered from the conversation.
This hotel is part of the boardwalk so convenient for dining and shopping.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This property is located within walking distance to the Boardwalk! The Horseshoe casino was next to it also! A $4.00 cab ride to the casino both ways! I was told by the courtyard that it was within walking distance to the casino! I guess you could walk if you want to cross train tracks and heavy traffic!! I failed to ask if shuttle service was provided (since its within walking distance) and "No" its not provided neither was breakfast! For the $169 rate you would think these amenities would be provided!
Overall, the hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was extremely clean! The king suite was huge also!! Location great!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Bossier City for a weekend visit and stayed here. The hotel is in a good location - on the boardwalk near the casinos and food. Shopping, the casinos, and great restaurants are all within walking distance. The hotel service was average. We did have issues with the TV not working that took awhile for the staff to fix. They do have a Starbucks located in the lobby that had good service. Hotel staff was very knowledgable of places in the area for entertainment and restaurants. We tried a few the restaurants suggested and they were great. Location was great, but service from the hotel was about average.

Stayed June 2014
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had a really good time , we arrived pretty early ,around noon and they had no rooms available yet. I'm really happy with the location being right there at the boardwalk. That made the wait not so bad. I will be visiting this place again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've been a Marriott rewards member for 20+ years, traveled to many different places and have rarely been disappointed. When you arrive to any Marriott as a rewards member you are always greeted with a "thank you for being a member" then normally offered a complimentary beverage or snack well you will receive NO such greeting here! But not all Marriotts are created equal and this one has to be the worse- we drove for 8-hours straight and after check in just needed to nap. After a few hours we woke up to find the white down comforter stained and dirty ..so very gross. On the way out of the hotel I let the front desk know. They promise to come up to the room and remove & replace the bedding. After dinner and time at the casino we return to our room exhausted with the comforter stripped from the bed and the bed in shabbles and unmade. Then I see a rolled up comforter on the sofa I don't know if this is a clean one or the dirty one. So I call the front desk again to ask if its a clean or dirty comforter considering the bed is a mess, they don't know! But they'll ask & call me back. So I wait exhausted... and I'm waiting... finally they call back yeah its clean but I have to make the bed myself! FOUR NIGHTS JUST UNER $900.00 and I'm making the bed in my hotel room! Wow great vacation thanks Marriott- so, I'm now searching for another room in the city because I'm really pissed. If you stay here do youself a huge favor and check the bedding before climbing in and make sure the bedding is clean!

Room Tip: Just because it's a Marriott doesn't mean you'll get a clean room and quality service. I...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Boomtown Hotel Casino
Boomtown Hotel Casino
#15 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!