“Bossier City Boardwalk Experience”

Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The family and I stayed at the Boardwalk Courtyard instead of one of the casino hotels to keep some money in our pockets to gamble on. The Courtyard is within walking distance to the Margaritaville and Horseshoe casinos and only a quick drive to several other casinos. The hotels location to the casinos allowed my wife and I to take turns watching our kids while the other plays at the casinos. The location of this hotel at the south end of the boardwalk makes it great for entertaining the whole family as well. There is an arcade, glow in the dark mini-golf, water wheels, bungee jumping, movie theater, shopping and dining to entertain the whole family. Also don't forget Bass Pro Shops; fish and gator feeding at 12:30 and 1:00, shooting gallery, cool stuff! The pool was very nice, clean and not crowded while we were there. We were greeted by Mr. Tony Hunter at the front desk and I also interacted with him several times during our stay. He was always very cordial and helpful. Overall the hotel is a great value for the location. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. My only complaint was the room had a slight musty odor and the room seemed slightly humid even with the A/C set at 68-70. Hotel is starting to show some signs of age (wear and tear), thus average rating on cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian S

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed the weekend on the Boardwalk and had a blast! Our room was facing the river- Well worth the money. The room was clean, nice and very large. We had 2 tvs, a couch and two chairs to lounge in. We had a suite facing the river and it was great! We loved the view at night! The staff was really friendly and nice! A great stay!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the river. It was very nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank R D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed one night passing through and from the time I first walked through the door until the time I left, I was happy to be a guest a this hotel. Every staff member I came in contact was friendly, ready to go out of their way if needed and with a smiling face, southern hospitality at its finest!
Rooms were clean, not the newest but still nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While this property, in my opinion, would be marginal for a Courtyard in most locations, it is very acceptable for a Bossier City hotel. I say that because exceptional properties are difficult to come by in Bossier City. The property has a great location on the boardwalk, where you will find an impressive array of dining, shopping and entertainment. It is a short walk to Margaritaville Casino as well. Price was very reasonable, room was clean but slightly dated. Overall a nice, quiet property with access to everything. Was certainly pleased with the value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GrahamTrucks
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Location of the Marriott is perfect for a stroll on the Boardwalk, enjoying a relaxing dinner at a local restaurant, or visiting one if the casinos. Well kept and quiet hotel. Perfect location for a quick weekend get away. Park the car and walk to everything you need.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dennis10_51
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on a road trip. I redeemed Marriott points making it a free stay for my family. The hotel is modern, clean, and in a great location. I would definitely return! There is lots of shopping and restaurants in walking distance, also the casinos are right there but I didn't check those out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kristen412
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard that is part of the LA Boardwalk for two nights. The rooms were large enough for our family of four and reasonably priced, considering part of the attraction was the park and walk convenience. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the entire facility seemed well kept. There was a "bistro" in the lobby that served food, although we didn't try it. If you read my review of the Cheesecake Bistro, you'll understand that I'm regretting NOT trying the hotel food. If there is a complaint (and it isn't much of one) they had a little shopping area that was ridiculously overpriced, especially since leaving for snacks or drinks would defeat the purpose of staying so close to the Boardwalk. Unless you want to make your way to a store for some in-room treats/drinks bring some supplies. They did have a small fridge and free wi-fi, so there were some accommodations that much nice hotels don't have these days.

Room Tip: It is only a three story hotel and all the rooms are pretty convenient. Our room faced some railroa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hilton Shreveport
#1 of 38 in Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!