“First time”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
New Carlisle, Indiana
“First time”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While visiting family we went here for some good BBQ, as recommended by our daughter. Specifically, the brisket sandwich is exceptional. Hubby had a 3 meat combo that he enjoyed very much. It is average priced and inline with most BBQ/steakhouses. The staff was very good and I might add, super friendly. When we visit the area again, we will most certainly go back.

• Visited October 2013

Haughton, Louisiana, United States
“Forget it if you want to book a private party!!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you want to book a private party, don't expect them to return your call! My family and I have dined here several times with OK service and OK food. We have also attended numerous private parties. My husband and I decided that this would be a good place to have his company Christmas party for this year. Mainly we chose this place as it was convenient, casual dining and the food was fairly decent. However I called several times in August and September and have NEVER received a call back. This is very poor service in my book! So rather than to call again, I thought that if that's the way they handled my call initially, then we would not want to have a private company party at Silver Star !!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Rhonda H
Ogden, Utah
“Average Service, Average Food, Above Average Prices”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nothing of the Silver Star wowed me into writing a great review. The service was very average and the BBQ was good but also average. There was only one style of sauce and it too was very average. The prices for the average service and average food were slightly above average. The seating areas are very dark and I had to use the flashlight on my phone in order to read the menu. Overall, not as expected for this place as it usually looks very busy. Bottom line: Not much in Western LA as far as good Texas style BBQ so if you are looking for just that then the Silver Star will do but if you are looking for above average then you will have search farther. Also, don't try to look up the menu or anything online as they don't even have a website or anything to help before you decide.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MTRaz
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Just an Incredible Experience!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I so enjoyed the food! Absolutely delicious! Loved the atmosphere and the service! You have got to try it!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Ribeye & Cold Beer”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I had dinner here with a colleague in the bar area on a business trip. I ordered the 20 oz ribeye, and it was excellent. I would say that it was every bit of 20oz, if not more! The potatoes were great as well. I enjoyed the "rustic" bbq atmosphere and the service was friendly. I thought that the pricing was about right for the food, and overall a good value. I plan on visiting this restaurant again for sure.

• Visited January 2013