“Mistreated”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I went to Silver Star this past Sat. first of all we didn't get the food we ordered they gave Us something total different. Our food was COLD and I told the manager on duty and ALL he said was "you want me to stick it in back in the over" and walked OFF. This was my husband 50thbirthday dinner and we was all looking forward to it. I ready don't understand WHY when I complain only ONE MEAL WAS TAKEN OFF... I am NOT LOOKING FOR FREE FOOD I WANT TO BE RESPECTED AND WANT MY MONEY BACK...... I called back on Monday and another manager wasn't much help "she said to ME WE DONT GET MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT OUR FOOD" I FELT DISRESPEXCTED".... I will NEVER NEVER go back again. Remember GODS KNOW REALLY WHY YOU WANT GIVE MY MONEY BACK.... God Bless...

4  Thank Sherri D

Reviewed 26 November 2013

They have the coldest beer I've ever had, and their staff of young, cute girls are friendly. But I did not enjoy the ribs, as they were cold. Nothing special here. Decent beans, good fries, and the baked potato casserole was really good. The service was a bit slow, but it's a big place and there's always a large crowd. Good location just off Hwy.80 at I/20 close to the racetrack. If you're looking for a sports bar, this is a good one.

1  Thank stevenkscott
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While visiting family we went here for some good BBQ, as recommended by our daughter. Specifically, the brisket sandwich is exceptional. Hubby had a 3 meat combo that he enjoyed very much. It is average priced and inline with most BBQ/steakhouses. The staff was very good and I might add, super friendly. When we visit the area again, we will most certainly go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you want to book a private party, don't expect them to return your call! My family and I have dined here several times with OK service and OK food. We have also attended numerous private parties. My husband and I decided that this would be a good place to have his company Christmas party for this year. Mainly we chose this place as it was convenient, casual dining and the food was fairly decent. However I called several times in August and September and have NEVER received a call back. This is very poor service in my book! So rather than to call again, I thought that if that's the way they handled my call initially, then we would not want to have a private company party at Silver Star !!!

2  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nothing of the Silver Star wowed me into writing a great review. The service was very average and the BBQ was good but also average. There was only one style of sauce and it too was very average. The prices for the average service and average food were slightly above average. The seating areas are very dark and I had to use the flashlight on my phone in order to read the menu. Overall, not as expected for this place as it usually looks very busy. Bottom line: Not much in Western LA as far as good Texas style BBQ so if you are looking for just that then the Silver Star will do but if you are looking for above average then you will have search farther. Also, don't try to look up the menu or anything online as they don't even have a website or anything to help before you decide.

1  Thank MTRaz