“A great place to eat”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here often..I don't understand the bad reviews.. the food is great...the service is super...it's one place I enjoy when I'm in town..I travel all over the country and I think the BBQ is as good here as in Memphis Tenn...

“Cold and bland bar b qu”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Silver Star and probably my last. It's just a shame the food didn't live up to the friendly service and very "Texas Bar B Que" atmosphere.
I took my wife here for our weekly "Date night" in hopes of a change from the usual boring eating joints around Shreveport/Bossier.
The building itself is very country and very large. I thought it was the perfect atmosphere for roadhouse style Texas cookin'. We were greeted by a multitude of young "Cowgirls" who look the part and promptly seated. We ordered an appetizer that this place is famous for named "Texas Toothpicks" which were tasty but serve on the cold side as if they say waiting too long for the server to bring them to us.
My wife and both ordered mixes bar b que plates. I had ribs (add a dollar more),turkey and smokes sausage with a loaded baked potatoe for a side and a side salad that was overpriced at $4.00.
My wife had a 2 meat plate featuring brisket and spicy sausage, loaded baked potato and the same overpriced side salad as me.
My turkey was bland and over cooked. The sausage was boring and the spare ribs were mediocre lacking any kind of smoked flavor.
My wife's hot links and brisket both tasted under cooked.
On a positive note my wife enjoyed the bread pudding for desert.
This place had some angus steaks on the menu they were WAY overpriced as well.

1 Thank kickaxeguitars
Springhill, Louisiana, United States
“First Time There and NEVER Again !!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

When we arrived we were told it would be a 15 minute wait. That was fine. After being there 40 minutes I inquired how much longer. The Hostess said about 15 minutes. I told her that was what I was told when we got there. She said I am sorry. After 25 minutes I went back and inquired again. I was told at that time that there were parties there with more people that had been there longer than we had. There were 5 of us. I asked to see where our name was on the list she showed me somebody else's name. I told her that was NOT our name and gave her our name. She started looking through pages of names. I told her to try the trash can as I had seen on of the Hostess crumble up a piece of paper and throw it away. They pulled it out of the trash and said and THERE was our name in the middle of the page. She said she was sorry and would seat us immediately. They did. Our server was very nice and did all she could to help us. Our food showed up nearly an hour later. It was not even that good. I had ordered at $35.00 steak that was tough. Didn't have what my husband had ordered and changed it to something else however kept the higher price of the meal he had ordered on the bill. Very Very Loud and could not even talk to the person sitting next to you without having to shout. Like I said. Never again !

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Cherry B
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Dont get It”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Live in bossier and tried once and did not like thought try again cause always packed... The food was terrible dry ribs a bbq sandwich plate with a dry sandwich 4 onion rings and these annoying tiny bowls of slaw ..... Hot link tasted like a spicy cheap mushy hot dog and beans that were way too sweet tasting like chili .... way overpriced small portions just never going back .... We love our bbq but this is for delusional people i guess ..... Two strikes am out

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Hammerhea
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Restaurant is 3 years old and still GROWING”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our ladies ministry had started using Silver Star Smokehouse in 2011 when it was first open of the same year. The location is between Interstate 20 and Inner Loop 220, both enter into Highway 80. A few seconds from this intersection going North is the street you turn in. The owner has 3 separate conference/meeting rooms,[30], [100], we use each one. Feb. 7/2014 was the newest one where 50 can be seated easily. This room, had a full length glass wall- when I had noticed many construction workers, when question was told- 'later this year Silver Star will have an open- stadium for musicians to play outside'. COOL! The décor is western , the food is fabulous! Smoked Turkey salad- $11.99, Super Spud potato - $8.49 smoke ribs and all the fixing est. $15.00. Oh! For you- horse race lovers - it is only 5 minutes away from La. Downs Horse races and Casino. Phone 318-752-3633 or click onto their Silver Star Smokehouse website UMM 'n Good Finger licking. Tell them - Ginger sent you- because they know me by my name.

• Visited February 2014