“Average Copy of Texas BBQ”

Silver Star BBQ & Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 236 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Big welcoming barn-style restaurant. Greeted by friendly staff and seated right away. I had the brisket and turkey BBQ platter with coleslaw and potato salad. It wasn't bad, just nothing to be excited about. The house BBQ sauce was a pretty good TX BBQ style (light, with a bit of spice to it). A tad bit overpriced, especially considering the small sides.

There are newer reviews for Silver Star BBQ & Steakhouse

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have eaten at Silver star many times and it has always been good. Been there as a couple, as a family, and for several large events. All their meats are great and the sides are good. One of the best BBQ places I have been but it is also one of the priciest.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was in Caddo Parish principally on business but had a large number of old friends (28) in for a 45 year reunion and we decided to met on a Friday night before the reunion. A good friend and I had been in the Shreveport - Bossier area for the whole week trying to find a location, dinner for 25-30 with cocktails.
The Silver Star had been recommended, but some negative recommendations on UrbanSpoon made me wonder. So after a taxing day, I was to the point of not wanting a drink, I NEEDED a drink, so the Silver Star was near and thought ok let's look with a friend who was with me hunting for that place. In the bar the atmosphere was friendly and upon inquiring we could be given a room for 25-30 on a Friday night, so we chose Silver Star.
All in our party was pleased with the food, service and altho we shared the room with other groups the sound level was good, you were able to hear a person 3 people away.
Overall it met and exceeded our needs, Thank you Silver Star.
I will put this location on a my to-do list on future trips here.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here often..I don't understand the bad reviews.. the food is great...the service is super...it's one place I enjoy when I'm in town..I travel all over the country and I think the BBQ is as good here as in Memphis Tenn...

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Silver Star and probably my last. It's just a shame the food didn't live up to the friendly service and very "Texas Bar B Que" atmosphere.
I took my wife here for our weekly "Date night" in hopes of a change from the usual boring eating joints around Shreveport/Bossier.
The building itself is very country and very large. I thought it was the perfect atmosphere for roadhouse style Texas cookin'. We were greeted by a multitude of young "Cowgirls" who look the part and promptly seated. We ordered an appetizer that this place is famous for named "Texas Toothpicks" which were tasty but serve on the cold side as if they say waiting too long for the server to bring them to us.
My wife and both ordered mixes bar b que plates. I had ribs (add a dollar more),turkey and smokes sausage with a loaded baked potatoe for a side and a side salad that was overpriced at $4.00.
My wife had a 2 meat plate featuring brisket and spicy sausage, loaded baked potato and the same overpriced side salad as me.
My turkey was bland and over cooked. The sausage was boring and the spare ribs were mediocre lacking any kind of smoked flavor.
My wife's hot links and brisket both tasted under cooked.
On a positive note my wife enjoyed the bread pudding for desert.
This place had some angus steaks on the menu they were WAY overpriced as well.

1  Thank kickaxeguitars