Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is a very clean and well kept place. The price is very good too for the type of hotel it is. I have stayed there several times and will gladly stay there again. On certain nights of the week they have little meet and greets and provide free snacks. I am thinking Tuesday and Wednesday, but I am not totally sure about those days. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: To my knowledge there is not pool or restaurant. Just a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This room was probably the smallest that we have ever been in. The word "micro" really hits it on the head. However it was clean, and had great beds. It also was noisy, with very poor sound proofing, and right next to the railroad. Also on a Friday night the party animals were loud and up late.

It is also one of the only places to charge an extra $25 for our dog. Most places charge $10 (of course some like La Quinta, Red Roof, and Motel 6 do not charge anything extra for pets).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had a small room one bed but nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. The bed was comfortable and very little noise. We would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel two weeks ago and couldn't be more please. Our hostess, Hannah could not have been more helpful. She was extremely friendly and knew directions to every place we wanted to go. She is certainly an asset to your company. As long as she is there I will definetly stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable We did not encounter any problems what so ever,

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We were visiting Bossier City for a Choreographed Ballroom Convention. The Microtel is a Host hotel for the Convention. The rooms are very small with only 1 chair. The queen bed was very nice and comfortable. The service was most disappointing. After initial check in, I called to ask for an ironing board and iron. I was told I could come down to the front desk and pick it up. No offer to deliver it to the room. So my husband & I went down to get it. The only girl at the desk kept us standing, waiting while she checked in 3 more quests. My husband asked between the 1st & 2nd check in if she was the only one that could help us with the ironing board & iron. She very curtly said "Yes" and went on checking in the guests. It's not that I think our time was more important than the others, I just think she could have either told us on the phone that she would not be able to help us right away or preferably set the items out for us to pick up.

The next morning we were able to sleep in and left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door until we left at 12:15pm when we changed to Maid Service required. We returned at 4:30pm to find that the room had not been serviced. We called down to request clean towels and they were finally deliver after almost an hour.

The hotel does provide breakfast from 6:30am - 9:30am. We went down for breakfast at 8:15 on Saturday morning. There was supposed to be bisquits and gravy (on the counter in crockpots). The gravy was cold and there were no bisquits. I asked the girl if there would be any more bisquits and she was pretty short with me. Said she was heating them up and she'd get things done when she could. After about 5 minutes I asked if she had brought them out since I had been sitting with my back to the counter. She announced that since she was being harrassed she would bring out the bisquits and if they were cold everyone could blame me!!! After all that, the gravy was cold!

Also, there were muddy foot prints in the stairway for the entire 3 days, so obviousl they do not clean the stairs. There was no hot water on Thursday night and it was only warm on Friday morning. Apparently the problem was fixed the remainder of hte stay.

All in all, although not the worst stay we've had, it was definintely not a good experience and we would recommend this hotel for the money exchanged.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking. Insist on non-smoking and hope for the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed there last second, coming in late at night. Staff was up and cheerful and help with with extra pillow and blanket. Room was kind of small, I am a big guy, you could not entertain guest for sure. But a break from the road its great right off of I-20 check out went smooth. Parking was a mess, crowded and kind of dark in parks of the lot. Coffee was great. TV ok but tired of driving who cares right? I will stay there again, warning water is very hot eye opener. Also place was quiet

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The rooms we had were large and reasonably comfortable but rather spartan in appearance. There were huge bed-level to ceiling mirrors covering the length of one wall in each room maybe be in an attempt to give it a modern look? But in our opinion it made the rooms feel a bit cold and 1970s-ish.

The carpets could have used a shampoo and the exterior windows didn't look like they'd been cleaned in months. The rest of the rooms looked clean but whenever we see dirty carpets and windows we have our doubts about the rest.

The beds were comfortable and everything appeared to be fairly well maintained but a facelift paint job would go a long way.

The continental breakfast had a pretty standard fare.

The staff was friendly and helpful as would be expected but nothing exceptional.

The main issue we had was the 2 railroad tracks that were right at the end of the rear parking lot. Both of our rooms were near that parking lot and trains kept waking all of us up a few times throughout the night.

Would we stay there again? Probably, but only if we got rooms further away from the RR tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the south end of the building to get further away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family