“It is a Motel 6 after all”

Motel 6 Shreveport - Bossier City
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“It is a Motel 6 after all”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Honestly, I don't expect fantastic things when I check into a motel 6. Pimps and hookers, partying kids, musty rooms, etc.

This place wasn't terrible. No noisy kids. Only one obvious prostitute.Surprisingly, it was the cleanest smelling room I've ever had at a motel 6. Sink and toilet both leaked, but weren't too noisy. Very nice shower, although like most, designed for people that around about 5' tall. Oddly, bed was too short. I'm not a giant at 5'10", but with my head touching the headboard, my feet were hanging off slightly. Floors were cheap fake wood that was warped.

Overall, I'd say for the value, try priceline ahead of time and book something higher quality for another $10. But as a quick stop, it'll do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeremiah T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Lady at the front desk was nice rooms are typical Motel 6 with the press board cheap Big Lots special flooring that's bubbling up all over personally I would have went with a linoleum strips that glue down and are more durable they look like wood but they don't come up, or bubble up when you mop them. I would have also replace the beds 25 years ago. these beds are so old the springs are poking me in the bank, extremely uncomfortable and dirty but I have yet to see the typical Motel 6 crackhead walking around the parking lot which is a major plus I would also sweep and mop the floors more regularly if I was them but all in all you get what you get when you go to the motel 6 what's not really that bad if you look at me now 45 bucks its not a Hilton or nothing like that your not paying a arm and a leg to sleep and surprisingly there's not a little sparkles of blood on the sheets yet from bed bug bites yes if you see blood pickles all over your sheets the person who laid there before you was bit by bed bugs so word of advice to anyone going to any motel hotel rather it be a super 8 Days Inn or any Wyndham Hotel make sure you check lift up that mattress you can use a uv light if you have to missing is there's no bed bugs in here I gave it 3 stars cuz its average typical Motel 6

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron F
Fort Smith
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I reserved a Queen bed room on-line only to find they didn't have any Queen beds when I arrived: only rooms with two Doubles. I was given the BS excuse that the website must have messed up.
The first room, I left after less than 5 minutes: the commode was stopped up and the handle didn't work (and this was supposed to be a clean room?).
The second room was on the other side of the building next to the expressway, so I could hear trucks going by all night. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet taking off, but I managed to close the bathroom door and deaden the noise enough that it helped drown out the highway noise.
I had to guess how to turn on the heat since the settings had long since faded away. When the heat came on, the room got too hot. When the heater cycled off, the room got too cold. There was never a happy medium.
The bed itself was OK. If there hadn't been all the road noise, I might have had a decent night's sleep.
The shower took forever to get hot and then it was just barely over lukewarm.

The Wi-Fi was useless! They charged $2.99 (some locations offer FREE Wi-Fi) , but it didn't work. The excuse was they had the wrong passwords, but the Manager couldn't be contacted because she was in the hospital. So the Manager went to the hospital, but left the wrong passwords? Another BS excuse.
For a motel that has its name on the bedspreads, I'm sure they could afford free Wi-Fi if they really wanted to.

I have expressed my concerns to Motel 6 Guest Relatiions and got a canned, BS response: "We cannot reserve a specific room location or room type for an individual".

Thanks, Motel 6, for reminding me why I quit staying with you.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I like it here for what I paid. Did not find it hard to get to as I can read a map. Right near a Waffle place and Wendy's. Easy access to many roads. Near the Visitor's Center. The swimming pool looked very clean and was being enjoyed by kids. Nice trees out back near my room that face away from the road. Everything in room worked.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dennis R
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here on my way to the New Orleans area. Really enjoyed the young lady at check in/checkout. She was extremely personable. That's pretty much where the good part ends. The property is next to a very busy freeway. My room was VERY loud...loud enough to disturb my sleep. Obviously a deal breaker. If you go, take your ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Bill L
Houston, TX
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The reviews prior to mine are dated, and there have been some minor improvements. This is the one time I didn't check tripadvisor for reviews (I didn't plan this trip). The hotel building itself needs work, it's not very pretty on the outside but I have seen worse. The room was small, yes, but fine for two people. It was also very clean, I didn't have any of the problems the previous reviews state. No bugs, no dirty sheets. I did notice a stain on the box springs at the foot of the bed, but I don't sleep on the box springs, so it had to do. The front desk staff was very polite. Reservations were easy to make online, and everything was in order when we arrived. The noise level outside wasn't bad. There were people on the balcony, but they were quiet for the most part. The hotel has a small pool which was very clean from what I could see. There is a train nearby, so bring ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise (I carry those with me regardless, they do come in handy). My biggest complaint about the hotel/room was the bed. It was awful. I might as well have slept on the floor. My husband and I tossed and turned all night, and could not get a restful sleep whatsoever. If you need a budget room that you won't spend a lot of time in, I suppose it could do, but the bed is just awful. We were there to gamble, so we only spent a few hours that night to sleep before going home. There is a Days Inn right next door that looks a lot newer and is lighted better. I would spend a few extra dollars to stay there if you have the money.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs for outside noise level if you are sensitive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I don't evern know where to start.... The room was very small. There was a cigarette burn in the comforter.. There was a USED towel under the edge of the bed. I also saw two roaches in the room. I could not even go down the stairs without a crowd of men having to move out of the way because they were just "hanging out." When I passed by them they replied with, " Hey girl, whats your name? Cant speak? " Around 6 o clock the noise level gets really loud. It looked like people were partying or living in there rooms... (They were having fish fries outside of the room) I was scared to death to sleep at night,, and have a mentioned how LOUD it is? People are so rude. Also If you forget shampoo you have to pay $2.50 for it out of the vending machine,, which is a sqeeze pack worth about 0.25. I wouuld NOT advise staying here. They only reason we stayed here was because everywhere else was booked... I would have been better off sleeping in my car!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple